Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Deerskin rug for sure on that one Cynthia. 

Well im back home to spend time with the wife and kid for the rest of Sunday. 

Zero activity where I was and I fear they've all gone from their previous bedding spots which were somewhat accessible to the areas of the woods where you really just can't see or get into. 

No recent signs of dragging or bloodtrails either. Closing the book on this spot for the season. Not worth driving close to two hours to not see anything. Time to focus on the spots closer to home. 

I did see a hawk fly overhead low enough to see. And on the drive home a bunch of turkeys hanging out on the opposite side of the main road. There was a cyclist heading right towards them hope he didn't crash. 

I hunted East Aurora this morning, 18* and light east wind.  Around 10am I mooched down into a spot take a peak, spotted a doe about 70 yards.  I had a great rest but I couldn't find a good hole to slip a bullet through.  As I'm watching her, something told me to turn around.  Not 40 yards a way is a dandy6pt.  He was tall and looked to be probably 2.5 years old or so, he'll be a dandy next year!

Oh, 2' plus of nice powdery snow.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 5

At about 11:00 this morning I shot my first deer with a muzzleloader, a 6 point buck at 150 yards. I just recently got home after dealing with it. I posted the story in the hunting success stories forum here (I thought there was a muzzleloader harvest thread but couldn't find it.) Sorry for the pic, I was solo and in a hurry. (FWIW, I was aiming for the lungs; it ended up being a neck shot .)
poot-little-dead-deer.jpg.d1a56ad6578b51ea6b1190aceb110c8b.jpg
Great shooting, but might want to check that scope again.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been out a total of about ten hours since third day of gun , just parked in Canandaigua!

Perfect wind for the same ladder I got my gun buck out of .

Wife’s making pot roast and a guy at work gave me a bottle of Woodford Reserve , add big buck for perfect day !

• Like 3

My buddy and I hit his hunting club land this afternoon. We did small pushed to each other while out. Ended up seeing 21 deer total but man are they fast and still spooked. Never could get a bead on one as they never really slowed up. There is always tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk