Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Wow..... Been a long time since I have had the shakes after putting an arrow in a buck..... That is up until an hour ago when I called a doe in that didn't appreciate all of pickets advances. Been down that path before and once again tipping the can over when the doe stopped running brought her right to what she thought was a ready doe..
Picket followed and stopped in the only open shot from that stand that is over 10 yards.
15 yard shot, I don't even know when I shot a deer at 15 yards last was I know it was a long time ago.

Said a quiet tribute to picket for the great chess game we have played over the past 2 seasons and sadly my my season is done, even likely for gun I am done.

Scrappy selfie but gotta do what ya gotta do, ain't no setting way back on this pic. What a stud of a buck.
8dd15d86c07ae76acab4ca5aaff13623.jpg&key=13db13052b590746a4f158faa3305e2ac05578fa5b4a1ed43d56d91b17a830ab

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

Holy moly. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow..... Been a long time since I have had the shakes after putting an arrow in a buck..... That is up until an hour ago when I called a doe in that didn't appreciate all of pickets advances. Been down that path before and once again tipping the can over when the doe stopped running brought her right to what she thought was a ready doe..
Picket followed and stopped in the only open shot from that stand that is over 10 yards.
15 yard shot, I don't even know when I shot a deer at 15 yards last was I know it was a long time ago.

Said a quiet tribute to picket for the great chess game we have played over the past 2 seasons and sadly my my season is done, even likely for gun I am done.

Scrappy selfie but gotta do what ya gotta do, ain't no setting way back on this pic. What a stud of a buck.
8dd15d86c07ae76acab4ca5aaff13623.jpg&key=13db13052b590746a4f158faa3305e2ac05578fa5b4a1ed43d56d91b17a830ab

That is a hoss!! Congratz man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting to wonder why I burned a vacation day today...nothing Sunday....nothing moving today either...if this is lockdown somehow I missed the chase/seek phase

Dude I hear you!
Never seen rut signs and last few days just sucked.

• Like 2

Congrats Lee! Is that a PA buck?
No sir N.Y.. I shot a nice 8 in pa the first Saturday of Nov......day 2 of my 10 day rutcation. So the rest of my rutcation was trying to get dad on a buck.

Thanks everyone for the kudos. I'm happy and sad and still in disbelief.

• Like 5

Last sit of bow. I've had shots and passed every single sit this season. A good friend has trouble hunting and has asked me to take a doe if I get a chance. It'll be the first doe I ever shoot with a bow if I connect.

I shoot 2 does a year. I'd rather shoot does then small bucks. Good luck.

Congrats. That's a stud. Well done.

54 minutes ago, reeltime said:

8dd15d86c07ae76acab4ca5aaff13623.jpg

What a buck!  Congratulations!

8 minutes ago, aboa13 said:

I shoot 2 does a year. I'd rather shoot does then small bucks. Good luck.

I literally could have shot 15 different Bucks this season. I enjoy my time in the woods so I pass lots of deer. Personal preference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reeltime said:

Wow! Great buck! Congrats!

1 hour ago, reeltime said:

That is a true stud! congrats on the giant.

33 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

483fc822e7417a94824e60b3b1f81e44.jpg

Ending my bow season with another doe. Very happy for the harvest.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Way to go my friend! Really Awesome! You had a lot of great hunts this year. I'm so impressed with your dedication and skill. On to the gun now. Best of luck and keep it going!

• Like 1

Bladder and rain coincided to bring me in for a break then out to...... hell I don't know where. I'm not seeing deer so who knows(mature)...

I just got the best thing ...should have gotten one along time ago...phone card reader...So much better, read and delete, walk away. No more losing cards, forgetting cards ...just one stop and done...Have 2 cams down now..the one I won from here...sensor is no longer working...That cam lasted for ever! I have to say best one I've owned... Thanks again John... and one of the Bushnells indicator light won't go off...I mean won't..turned off nope, removed card nope, finally detached  battery...but I think it ran out at the exact same time because now screen won't show...I'll deal with that after I get a deer...hhhmmm maybe Never!!!:rolleyes:

Edited by growalot