Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Correct. Apparently I wasn’t clear enough. 
Mineral blocks only. Jeesh default_rolleyes.gif

You were perfectly clear - I was being an A$$, forgetting that hunters’ sense of humor turns off around topics of baiting, ARs, crossbow inclusion.....and Growie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres a good one...went for a walk through my woods to check a trail camera. Got pics of does and fawns and a small buck moving dyring daylight in the a.m. ill put my BIL over there saturday. Get back to the house and our 6 month old pup jumps on the sliding door locking it...so, i check the front of the house even though i know i locked it before i walked back. Trucks in the barn which is locked. Wife called she left work early because my son has a baseball game in rochester tonight. I tell her im gonna pop a screen on our bedroom window because i believe the window is unlocked. She then informs me she locked all the windows last friday because i was gone working a gun show outta town. So were does one go when only wearing a flannel and jeans when uts 30* out. Into our winterized camper obviously. Wrapped in some of the kids blankets till she gets home. 1st day bein 35 kinda rough.
20171207_152618.thumb.jpg.c555486d796d82adbb56e6cfb54b5a05.jpg

1f71689460e298dae33a6ceb3689f17b.jpg
  • Like 6
  • Haha 5

Right about 4 I saw A huge buck back in the swamp, pretty much on the other side working his way in the direction of the corn. I got Down out of the stand and quickly made my way over to the area I figured He would come into the hardwoods from the cattails. I waited There till almost 5 but he never came out. Must have taken a different path or just hung in there. 

When I get Back from NC I’m getting my waders out and will try to get back to the stand we have back there just inside the wood line from the cattails. There are some spots that will be about waist deep right now but it should be doable. If he takes the same path that I saw Him on, he should be about 40 or 50 yards from the stand. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

When I get Back from NC I’m getting my waders out and will try to get back to the stand we have back there just inside the wood line from the cattails.

Based on the forecast you may be able to walk on the ice in a few days. Hope you get him.

• Like 1

Really surprised with all those deery views that no one harvested a deer today.  Get 'em next time!

I'll be out tomorrow for the first of 3 all-day sits.  Calling it Biz-style: Jdubs, did it to a 6 pt with the xbow, outside the bedding area! :taunt:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Might as well try it,what do you have to loose?

47 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Deer camo ! f48ebb242d2d0c85d8a006fce66e3b12.jpg

I have a mental image of a famous scene from the movie Top Secret! with Val Kilmar involving a cow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Late report from 4L.  No need to report, really.  0 deer seen.  Hung out on the edge of the marsh in the back by a trail leading out.  Fat scat in it.  So I thought maybe, just maybe...  Then work started hammering my phone right at 4pm.  Had to walk out in prime time.

I have Monday off...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Deer camo ! f48ebb242d2d0c85d8a006fce66e3b12.jpg

How much would it cost me, to have you prance around the outside of the thick stuff as a live decoy?  I'll double the pay, if ya get one of the big'uns to take a couple steps out! :hunter-smiley-face:

• Like 2

Really surprised with all those deery views that no one harvested a deer today.  Get 'em next time!
I'll be out tomorrow for the first of 3 all-day sits.  Calling it Biz-style: Jdubs, did it to a 6 pt with the xbow, outside the bedding area! default_taunt.gif

Yea buddy- rock & roll!

Today’s the day I’d really like to be able to walk outside my back door and hunt. Suited up , drove 15 minutes and turned around. Roads haven’t been touched I may be stubborn but not stupid. The hills weren’t going to be fun. Hopefully give it another try a bit later. Be safe out there folks.Its still coming down here. 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 3

Last weekend of gun ....the plan is in place.  Headed out to sit in a stand today on lease land, tomorrow a push with 3 other guys in the morn.  Then sat afternoon sit in another spot i bowhunt only with the crossbow.  Then Sunday am crossbow again and afternoon a last stand sit at the lease.  Hoping I don't get thru the whole plan and have to open the butcher shop. Good luck to everyone.