LIVE From The Couch

Lawdwaz

Anyone else think this is an age thing? The older you get, the more appealing the couch looks when hunting conditions are less than ideal. I know I've used up my allotment of TOO excuses this year; TOO warm, TOO windy, TOO rainy, TOO tired, TOO little activity, ...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Anyone else think this is an age thing? The older you get, the more appealing the couch looks when hunting conditions are less than ideal. I know I've used up my allotment of TOO excuses this year; TOO warm, TOO windy, TOO rainy, TOO tired, TOO little activity, ...

One would think that your allotment is TOO small !  LOL

Ugh. The couch when the action is hot... This weather sucks ! Wifey is grocery shopping then I'm gonna man up and sit through the wind and rain.... Meanwhile I'm watching the hunting channel so I can remember what the big guys look like !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The big leather chair I’m relaxing in right now feels great. The last week of hunting, cleaning the house and helping a buddy store his boat in one of my lean tos has me wiped and my knee pretty sore. I probably won’t be back in a stand till tomorrow afternoon. Have the inspection on the new house in the morning. 

• Like 1

It's always easier to sit home when your buck tag is punched though John , I'm still second guessing it . But the Mrs is frying bacon right now . 4 sunny side up runny eggs , bacon and white toast , and the blues playing .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

It's always easier to sit home when your buck tag is punched though John , I'm still second guessing it . But the Mrs is frying bacon right now . 4 sunny side up runny eggs , bacon and white toast , and the blues playing .

Going to pour all day Larry.  I think you are making the right choice. 

I just hosed the mud off the Outback , in the rain . Neighbors have sure seen odder behavior though .

Oh and I got grief for getting some egg splatter on the stove , and left a door cracked open when I went out .

There is a certin peaceness in the woods , clear or rain ......

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

I'm not going out but I've been up since 6. I just now sat in the recliner. I pulled chicken I smoked yesterday, sealed and froze, made a batch of jerky , cleaned up my mess, and then I made breakfast for me and the wifey. It does help having 1 hanging, but deep down I want to be out there! I got DMP tags I can fill. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

I would have expected more action in this thread by now. :haha:

Hunted all morning then ate all afternoon.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Good to see this from and center again....

The Davenport will be seeing some action tomorrow I’d guess from you lugnuts. :)