Need advice!!

Hunter9396

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Good advice, that happened to me three years ago. Was fortunate to recover the doe the next morning after a high lung hit. She went another 800 yards after I bumped her. I should have stayed put.

Even getting out to try and get back later is not good. Stay put in the stand. That's why you bring snacks and sandwiches .That deer has no idea what happened and will lie down and die unless you give it a reason to get up. I'm old, and some call me dumb, but you don't push a wounded deer unless you feel like tracking for a few days. I've recovered deer that were completely bled out and still running to get away. Animal instinct. It's what they do to survive every day.

• Like 1

You smoked him!!

I had the same thing happen to me in 2016... I was not positive of my shot and it was nearing dark.  I waited 30 min in the stand, then went to my arrow.  Pass through shot with air bubbles in the blood.  It was all I could do to leave and start looking in the morning.  I found him right away at first light next day about 80 yards hidden under a thick bush, dead from a double lung shot.   Didnt sleep much that night either!

• Like 1