fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ewww Reese's! So gross. Too sweet and tastes nothing like a real peanut

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Settle down princess ,you're over reacting .

• Haha 3

Just had a shooter walk through the clover plot about 250 yards away. He was headed my way but apparently took a route that went elsewhere. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ewww Reese's! So gross. Too sweet and tastes nothing like a real peanut

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's for the mojo!

• Like 1

Called it at 1030.dont think ill be back out till tomorrow morning,sister and family come in today from NJ.pulled cam card on way out.looks like a nice cruiser in middle of night

WGI_0011.JPG

WGI_0009.JPG

WGI_0004.JPG

• Like 1

Buddy gave me the advice:. Hunt the doe beds in the morning, doe feeding areas in the afternoon.

Guess I'll be in the stand I watched 6 doe bed down in last weekend first thing tomorrow.

• Like 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

Where to go?? I sometimes have the hardest time picking a spot, I'm torn between food plot tucked around bedding or a ridge / oak stand also near bedding.

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Went for a walk and still hunt at 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.  Saw two bucks, and captured a bit of video of them both.  Quicktime won't upload, though... 

One was a 1.5 yr old 4 pointer with a funky right antler, and the other a typical 6, which I think was 2.5 yr old.

They're definitely up and moving here in 4L during daylight.

The 6 made me and blew out of there.  It started pouring around then, and I headed in not long after.  Ain't tracking blood in this...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Buddy gave me the advice:. Hunt the doe beds in the morning, doe feeding areas in the afternoon.

Guess I'll be in the stand I watched 6 doe bed down in last weekend first thing tomorrow.

Good advice.   Beds morning, funnels/cruising midday and food evening is often recommended.    

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

Where to go?? I sometimes have the hardest time picking a spot, I'm torn between food plot tucked around bedding or a ridge / oak stand also near bedding.

Green field edge if you have it. They’re pounding green stuff. Will be gone soon.

13 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Green field edge if you have it. They’re pounding green stuff. Will be gone soon.

Damn, I chose opposite. On the ridge for the rest of the day. Snowing good now

KIMG1544.JPG

• Like 2

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Just now, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

Damn, I chose opposite. On the ridge for the rest of the day. Snowing good now

KIMG1544.JPG

Hell of a view.  It looks like a buck could pop out from behind any of those trees.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Back in a different stand at 1:00. Wet snow/slop coming down pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

I’m #from the ground over the swamp I was overrun with bucks 2 nights ago. Spitting snow and wet

c63fc78600d65907e8de30386fda87c4.jpg
2752c27c4516363f167f5a7e63ee7652.jpg9f2c35bea2ac7b6776d82076a37eb03a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Its been a blast getting up to speed whitetail hunting after living in the Colorado mountains my adult life and chasing elk...  My biggest question is just how many trillion acorns can these little guys vacuum up?  And yes, elk are wary but nothing like a whitetail doe that knows its hunting season.

• Like 4

Been a while since I’ve logged in here. But, I was lurking the last couple days and needed to be involved. Currently snowing in northern Cayuga County. I guess we will see if the deer get up or hunker down.

718E057F-0424-4693-B968-A548C8118EF3.jpeg

• Like 5

Snowing like a mofo now and no longer the wet stuff. I've seen 1 squirrel in the last almost 2hrs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Fireball didn't pay dividends for me but my buddy sitting about a hundred yards north of me stuck a nice wide 7 we just finished get It out of the woods and loaded it up. Headed home for the afternoon!4cdd6703ad156e2a80a26a4f44eaddff.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 12

I'm up in a tree and ready to go. It quit snowing a little bit ago and it's all stuck to the brush, it's going to be tough to see much.

26 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Fireball didn't pay dividends for me but my buddy sitting about a hundred yards north of me stuck a nice wide 7 we just finished get It out of the woods and loaded it up. Headed home for the afternoon!4cdd6703ad156e2a80a26a4f44eaddff.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Def gonna go with the Hershey now lol

• Like 2

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

Its been a blast getting up to speed whitetail hunting after living in the Colorado mountains my adult life and chasing elk...  My biggest question is just how many trillion acorns can these little guys vacuum up?  And yes, elk are wary but nothing like a whitetail doe that knows its hunting season.

They can do some damage if there isn’t much else around or even if there is. I hear there’s even differences in how wary whitetails are in the East vs West part of the country and the ones in the East are more prone to look in trees for us. Not sure if that’s true since I’ve never hunted out West. If you ever want to go back to CO to hunt elk and want company look me up
Been a dream of mine for decades now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1