You Must Wear a Mask in public starting Friday

CharlieNY

9 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

No.  The Dr’s and scientists are.  He is doing nothing more than relaying the scientific information to us.  

And not all scientists or doctors agree with you. Just the ones on CNN, MSNBC,  ect.

Some experts believe face coverings will increase your likelihood of being exposed.  Go sit on a bench with your mask on, of course and watch people fidgeting with them, then if you see the opposite then you can say I am wrong.

The only time I will be wearing one is while working at my job. I choose to wear it as a condition of employment,  not because I am fearful of the virus but because I like working.

• Haha 1

While in a food market today, I observed the majority of shoppers wearing a face covering, but a few did not wear any face covering. 

Governor Andrew Cuomo said we should remind them in a nice New York way to wear a mask.  So does this sound like a "nice" New York way....."YOU DON'T NEED TEN BULLETS TO KILL A DEER, BUT YOU NEED TO WEAR A FACE MASK!"

• Like 2

An officer stopped at our job site today. We are working in a high profile area along a major road. He told us that masks need to be worn. Someone must’ve called in a complaint. The officer was NOT wearing one. Needless to say, he didn’t stay long and we continued on with our day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

And not all scientists or doctors agree with you. Just the ones on CNN, MSNBC,  ect.

Some experts believe face coverings will increase your likelihood of being exposed.  Go sit on a bench with your mask on, of course and watch people fidgeting with them, then if you see the opposite then you can say I am wrong.

The only time I will be wearing one is while working at my job. I choose to wear it as a condition of employment,  not because I am fearful of the virus but because I like working.

Yeah. If you are not practicing the correct habits with the mask it wont work properly.   Thats true about anything. Same with gloves   I saw a guy light up a cigarette after leaving costco with gloves on.  It defeats the whole purpose of wearing them. But on the contrary if used correctly it works to your advantage, as well as others  

The herd immunity isn’t a crazy idea.  Sweden is doing that right now   Its business as usual over there with some minor tweaks.  It will be interesting to see how that works out for them.  I hope it doesn't backfire. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 4:35 PM, chrisw said:

I will not be wearing a mask. I'm not worried about it. It's a feel good, knee jerk response to give people a warm and fuzzy feeling that they have some miniscule amount of control over the situation. If liquor stores are more essential than a boat launch then I'm not trusting their call on this topic either.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Okay, cowboy. To you and everybody else who decides they're going to do whatever they want - when does your decision become my problem? And what can I do about it? This is a legitimate question. If I feel that you are endangering me, how should I respond? How would you respond to someone threatening you, cowboy? Unfortunately, this isn't a "you do you and I will do me" scenario. Not when my life and the lives of those I love are at risk. if you are a carrier, then you can infect somebody. If you do so intentionally, that's assault in my book. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, cowboy. To you and everybody else who decides they're going to do whatever they want - when does your decision become my problem? And what can I do about it? This is a legitimate question. If I feel that you are endangering me, how should I respond? How would you respond to someone threatening you, cowboy? Unfortunately, this isn't a "you do you and I will do me" scenario. Not when my life and the lives of those I love are at risk. if you are a carrier, then you can infect somebody. If you do so intentionally, that's assault in my book. 
Ok, cowgirl. There's not a damn thing you can do about it. So maybe just hang your spurs up and stay inside.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, knehrke said:

My daughter’s supervisor removed her from her “permanent” unit and made her work on the Covid unit. Now she has it and so does my 1y/o granddaughter. I hold him responsible. If I ever run into him on the street, heaven help me, I’m gonna Kung Fu the shit out of him. If, God forbid they don’t recover,...... JMHO

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Ok, cowgirl. There's not a damn thing you can do about it. So maybe just hang your spurs up and stay inside.

Chris, I am just as pissed about the boat ramp thing as you, as well as many others here. Please, whether it works or not, wear a mask. What could it hurt to make a futile attempt to provide a modicum of safety for your loved ones? Or for yourself? It is still very possible to be a carrier with no outward symptoms. In other words, your immune system can be strong enough where you have it and your body just deals with it, but that may not necessarily be true about your family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tens of thousands of people die EVERY year in this country from the flu. If some of you are such holy crusaders do you always wear a mask? After all the regular flu has killed far more in this country each year than Covid has. Or suddenly when your king tells you to did it become important?

2 hours ago, Dr Juice said:

I do not know about yesterday but he is in NYC quite often during the pandemic. Our tax dollars at work ....

I dont dispute that he comes to nyc every so often.  

i want to know about that specific photo.  Anyone with info on where his briefing  was held please inform me. Was he in nyc on 4/17 or not?

2 hours ago, Dr Juice said:

I do not know about yesterday but he is in NYC quite often during the pandemic. Our tax dollars at work ....

I dont dispute that he comes to nyc every so often.  

i want to know about that specific photo.  Anyone with info on where his briefing  was held please inform me. Was he in nyc on 4/17 or not?

Chris, I am just as pissed about the boat ramp thing as you, as well as many others here. Please, whether it works or not, wear a mask. What could it hurt to make a futile attempt to provide a modicum of safety for your loved ones? Or for yourself? It is still very possible to be a carrier with no outward symptoms. In other words, your immune system can be strong enough where you have it and your body just deals with it, but that may not necessarily be true about your family. 
Honestly I only mentioned the boat ramp thing to show that the "rules" they are coming up with are complete BS. Golfing was considered essential! Now months after this whole thing started, put your masks on, after we told you not to before. This is nothing more than an attempt to make king Andy look more presidential. And Andy loves nothing more than to infringe on rights. Wear a bandana on your face??? That's approved to stop the spread?? Come on! It's a feel good idea, that's it.

Just now, chrisw said:

Tens of thousands of people die EVERY year in this country from the flu. If some of you are such holy crusaders do you always wear a mask? After all the regular flu has killed far more in this country each year than Covid has. Or suddenly when your king tells you to did it become important?

I despise Andy, let’s be clear. I’m just suggesting you do what you can for safety. My wife is in nursing and so is my daughter. Admittedly, I have developed some germaphobic tendencies as a result. 

The flu has killed many more ppl than this, but this is far more communicable. The number you read for the flu are over the coarse of a year. The numbers you read for Corona are over a few months. If you extrapolate an average for deaths by Covid over a year’s time, you can clearly see this is no joke. 

I don’t care if you’re a cowboy, or a cowgirl for that matter. But if you have kids and you get sick, and/or they get sick, would you really care that the flu kills more than this, or would you care that you may be next??

13 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

My daughter’s supervisor removed her from her “permanent” unit and made her work on the Covid unit. Now she has it and so does my 1y/o granddaughter. I hold him responsible. If I ever run into him on the street, heaven help me, I’m gonna Kung Fu the shit out of him. If, God forbid they don’t recover,...... JMHO

Very unfortunate news.  Im sure they will both make a full recovery.  

Hence why everyone should try and do whats right for others.  Im sure your daughter being a healthcare worker was doing all she could to try and prevent catching it and spreading it.  But someone else's carelessness exposed her to it.  Very unfortunate.  

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Honestly I only mentioned the boat ramp thing to show that the "rules" they are coming up with are complete BS. Golfing was considered essential! Now months after this whole thing started, put your masks on, after we told you not to before. This is nothing more than an attempt to make king Andy look more presidential. And Andy loves nothing more than to infringe on rights. Wear a bandana on your face??? That's approved to stop the spread?? Come on! It's a feel good idea, that's it.

Agreed. Everything he does is simple posturing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Was this taken on 4/17?   And was King Andy in nyc eating uncle pauls pizza?   Please tell us the FACTS.  

Depends on what he was wearing during the briefing yesterday. His tie is a possible giveaway...