Live From The Woods 2020 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

1 minute ago, cas said:

So how late is too late in everyone's opinion?  I've hunted opening week and mid season, but never hunted "damn nearJune".  Is the last few days too late, or should I try to shuffle some dates around and get back out sooner? 

Never too late.  That being said, I'd try and get out the 22nd, or thereabouts.

4 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'd try and get out the 22nd, or thereabouts.

I think I'd prefer that anyway. Made my post before even looking at the calendar... or having any idea what today's date was for that matter! :D   

This working every other day thing has got me so screwed up, I never know what day it is, it always feels like Friday or Saturday.  Which is wonderful. ;) 

Edited by cas

So how late is too late in everyone's opinion?  I've hunted opening week and mid season, but never hunted "damn nearJune".  Is the last few days too late, or should I try to shuffle some dates around and get back out sooner? 

I’ve had some great hunts the last week of may

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not official yet, but there are whispers about @Biz-R-OWorld hunting tomorrow morning before work. Given that the sun rises in the east, I would suggest that you all set your alarms extra early and tune in!

EDIT - anyone else having log in issues with phone/tapatalk? forum works fine with computer but on tapatalk it keeps saying i am not logged in when i am.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
Edit
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I saw one of the biggest bucks of my life in there, went in blind in the dark with the climber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I shot a huge bodied buck over there about 12 year ago last day of gun season it had already shed its antlers the scabs on his head showed that he had huge bases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cas said:

Taco got his 1st longboard last day of the season years ago ,had awesome white spurs with black tips

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Latest I ever killed is May 30th and it was extremely gratifying.  

Sadly I missed a big Tom on the last day one year.....the exact opposite of gratifying.  

I think May 30th is the latest I have killed a tom in NY..However, I have killed  a few on the final day of several out of state hunts...The last day I had to hunt, not the last day of season..

On the other hand, I can remember at least two that I missed on my final day of hunting in Ontario..

Edited by Pygmy

Hummingbird feeder juice frozen as I peer out back window drinking my coffee. Turned off alarm thinking how it’s supposed to be fun hunting spring turkey.  No gobbles heard with daughter lately  and freezing cold and her being tired doesn’t sound fun to me for her.  Hard pass on today. 

• Like 4

Hummingbird feeder juice frozen as I peer out back window drinking my coffee. Turned off alarm thinking how it’s supposed to be fun hunting spring turkey.  No gobbles heard with daughter lately  and freezing cold and her being tired doesn’t sound fun to me for her.  Hard pass on today. 

Yup. Solid ! ea0ff3eda1380bc38fac5b5ef04e19bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the alarm set for 4:20 and was going to setup in a local spot.. Alarm never went off because it was set for tomorrow and around 5 my 4yr. old asked if I would come lay down in his bed.
I will try again tomorrow but we'll wait for it to warm up a bit and hit the creek for some smallmouth this afternoon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Ok just put out decoys and settle in , then across field (225) yards I see two turkeys up in a tree along field ? It’s 8:45 . Late sleepers ? 

04EE4479-DEA1-47A2-8FA2-266F552E02BE.jpeg

Are they definitely turkeys?  Could they be turkey vultures?

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Oh Idk they are pretty brownish and pretty big. You may be right , I’m not much of a turkey hunter .

Definitely can't tell from your pic, but I've had tom's stay on roost for hrs after normal fly down, and not utter a peep.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ok just put out decoys and settle in , then across field (225) yards I see two turkeys up in a tree along field ? It’s 8:45 . Late sleepers ? 

04EE4479-DEA1-47A2-8FA2-266F552E02BE.jpeg

ive seen them in trees at 11am.  Went into the edge of a field and there was a coyote.  which prob forced them back into the trees. And they stayed right there til quitting time