nybuckboy

Hunting Shower

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Don't Ask Don't Tell  !  LOL

I sure hope he posts it ,its the stuff nightmares are made off. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All this shower talk and you're not gonna post the most disturbing shower picture that has ever been taken ? I am 100 percent sure that illegal activity has taken place in that shower at some point . 

Don't Ask Don't Tell  !  LOL

 

00d06d8fc1fdfbd0bea8b4cb4e558356.jpg&key=54926b49fd014cc14e3c86b15eff1bac879ddb9bb91f51d541647b543ad3b158

 

2014 Wyoming Hunting trip shower. It was hot water and still better than showering outside!

 

Please note this shower was wide open in a basement of a 20x20 room. I felt very alone or assumed a camera was somewhere watching me

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 

 

00d06d8fc1fdfbd0bea8b4cb4e558356.jpg&key=54926b49fd014cc14e3c86b15eff1bac879ddb9bb91f51d541647b543ad3b158

 

2014 Wyoming Hunting trip shower. It was hot water and still better than showering outside!

 

Please note this shower was wide open in a basement of a 20x20 room. I felt very alone or assumed a camera was somewhere watching me

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the prison style decor.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bow hunting I take a shower before everytime out. Scent free soap etc. Try to be as scent free as possible. Can't hurt is my reasoning. Gun hunting no. I don't think it matters much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 

 

00d06d8fc1fdfbd0bea8b4cb4e558356.jpg&key=54926b49fd014cc14e3c86b15eff1bac879ddb9bb91f51d541647b543ad3b158

 

2014 Wyoming Hunting trip shower. It was hot water and still better than showering outside!

 

Please note this shower was wide open in a basement of a 20x20 room. I felt very alone or assumed a camera was somewhere watching me

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

At least you had a shower head. I got a spoon one time. 

20200512_224926_copy_600x800.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That shower looks like something out of a horror movie.  Some sort of human mutilations might have taken place on that slab.   :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

At least you had a shower head. I got a spoon one time. 

20200512_224926_copy_600x800.jpg

Maybe a pasta strainer?? interesting concept...spoon fed water..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always shower in scent free shampoo and use scent free deodorant in the morn. I don't shower for an afternoon hunt but I will put my clothes in the ozone bag and then hang them outside til I go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That shower looks like something out of a horror movie.  Some sort of human mutilations might have taken place on that slab.   

At least you had a shower head. I got a spoon one time. 
20200512_224926_copy_600x800.thumb.jpg.d363deaa966e4c1139239c8969fe8d57.jpg

I like the prison style decor.   


Funny thing is that the ranch house I stayed in was really nice. I get in after my flight. Unload my stuff. I’m shown my bedroom and small half bathroom, there’s a small kitchen and everything was neat and clean. I was told the shower is “downstairs”. We rush to check my rifle before sunset and get back to the ranch house. I always shower the night before hunting. So I strip down to my boxers grab a towel and my unscented body wash / shampoo. I walk down these old wooden steps into a huge room that was dimly lit. I spend at least 2-3 full minutes trying to find another door with a shower. Finally after scanning all 4 concrete walls and not finding an opening, I realize I’m already in the 20x20’ shower!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 

 

 


Funny thing is that the ranch house I stayed in was really nice. I get in after my flight. Unload my stuff. I’m shown my bedroom and small half bathroom, there’s a small kitchen and everything was neat and clean. I was told the shower is “downstairs”. We rush to check my rifle before sunset and get back to the ranch house. I always shower the night before hunting. So I strip down to my boxers grab a towel and my unscented body wash / shampoo. I walk down these old wooden steps into a huge room that was dimly lit. I spend at least 2-3 full minutes trying to find another door with a shower. Finally after scanning all 4 concrete walls and not finding an opening, I realize I’m already in the 20x20’ shower!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

 

 

Thats extremely odd!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Funny thing is that the ranch house I stayed in was really nice. I get in after my flight. Unload my stuff. I’m shown my bedroom and small half bathroom, there’s a small kitchen and everything was neat and clean. I was told the shower is “downstairs”. We rush to check my rifle before sunset and get back to the ranch house. I always shower the night before hunting. So I strip down to my boxers grab a towel and my unscented body wash / shampoo. I walk down these old wooden steps into a huge room that was dimly lit. I spend at least 2-3 full minutes trying to find another door with a shower. Finally after scanning all 4 concrete walls and not finding an opening, I realize I’m already in the 20x20’ shower!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guarantee if you went to borrow that bar of soap on the floor that story ends differently and you decide to simply stand for your next days hunt. Sitting would be...umm...uncomfortable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crappyice said:


I guarantee if you went to borrow that bar of soap on the floor that story ends differently and you decide to simply stand for your next days hunt. Sitting would be...umm...uncomfortable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pig bastid

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never done it. My closest spot is an hour and 10 away from my house, so I don't really have the time to shower in the morning if i plan to be there on time and hunt all day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahha....was it your soap?!?!
I kid of course!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who do you think dropped it? Obviously it's a trap!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have never done it. My closest spot is an hour and 10 away from my house, so I don't really have the time to shower in the morning if i plan to be there on time and hunt all day
You leave the night before?

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I honestly think if they are downwind, they smell you no matter what.   But maybe some deer are more attracted to clean hunters.  Who knows.  

I decided this a few years ago and hunting is so much more enjoyable


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No always, no. I do wash all clothes hunting and non hunting as well as my blankets and sheets in Dead Down Wind laundry soap and spay my gear down with their scent eliminating spray as well.

I do have a Scent-Lok suit I bought many years ago but it is huge on me now (I used to be close to 500 lbs. and sit at 320 and diminishing now) so the only time I wear it is over other clothes on cold days. I actually want to sell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I honestly think if they are downwind, they smell you no matter what.   But maybe some deer are more attracted to clean hunters.  Who knows.  

Bingo.


NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on my vacation shower schedule this week (every other day).   I took one with scent free soap last night and I used scent free antiperspirant.   As I type, I am backed up against a swamp to my north, with a steady south breeze blowing in my face. I am also wearing a scent-lock jacket, and just poured my second cup of cover scent/attractant/hydrator/nurisher/warmupper, from my thermos - hot apple cider.

The only thing that sucks about the scent situation is that I forgot my evercalm on this trip.  Hopefully, the plan still comes together on a deer this morning.  The last time I sat near here, I missed a nice doe after I struck a branch with my ML.  I just finished trimming a couple of lanes to help prevent a repeat of that.

I just got bit by a skeeter and it is beginning to rain.  Soon I will deploy my tree umbrella. I should have brought some deep woods Off.  At least it is warm and comfortable. I aim to stick it out here until noon.

Bring on the rain and the deer:

 

 

20201019_081752.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not unless I need a shower but if I do I use regular scented Irish spring soap and shampoo. Deers gonna smell you if it’s gonna smell you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't shower, but I like to sit on the floor of the shower stall while a fat blonde showers..

 

I call it "cover scent".....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.