Ammo

Buckmaster7600

19 hours ago, Nomad said:

Ha you can buy a 1,400 round bucket for $225 online at Buds, been listed for many days now . I don’t think we’ll see full shelves in stores for maybe two years . Check this out , it’s from a small ammo maker who caters to the  competitor shooter who doesn’t  reload I guess.

They listed 300,00 rounds of 9mm and it all sold in under three minutes ! 

My latest purchase was some 20 Ga slugs for my daughters 870 ( back up gun ) I requested to be notified when they came in , last October, and got notified last week , a good five months later . Oh and they had a whole 29 boxes, I took five not wanting to be greedy .

Oh I’m going shooting tomorrow, a couple hundred 9mm and maybe a couple dozen 00 Buck, through my Benelli, hot weather’s a coming .

02006A37-91E8-4EE8-822C-A12F8856342B.png

I see what you did there.

13 hours ago, DirtTime said:

It appears Winchester will be raising prices on all ammo from 5-18%, components 15%, and primers 25%.

If I'm not mistaken, that's the third time in a year they have done this.

The new normal, everything is only going to get expensive. The only thing not seeing an increase will be wages.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

The new normal, everything is only going to get expensive. The only thing not seeing an increase will be wages.

I can’t believe housing .. we have been looking , every house we like thats between 400 to 500 k is gone in a day!

most go over asking price .

1300 sf ranch on a 1/2 acre lot 250k one day , sold no contingencies !

We looked at one for 519..

Sold in two days for 570 k

This is crazy

• Like 1

So I’ve been ordering ammo online here and there ,to fill in some low spots . The sites have always had a banner saying , high demand may take a day or two longer to ship ,that sort of thing .

Well I recently ordered a 1400 round bucket of .22, now I get an email update , due to extremely  high demand it may take 10 days for my order to hit their shipping dept !!! 

Yikes we’re moving in the wrong direction here . 

• Sad 1

There's a line waiting to get into Sportsman Warehouse every morning.  Whatever comes in gets sold out quick.  I betting some buy just to resell at a profit.  Stuff they don't use or need. 

Others buy whatever to trade for stuff they do need.

• Sad 1

Happened to stop into Runnings in Canandaigua and all the shelfs were empty except for some two or three boxes of .25 caliber. Absolutely nothing in the reloading section.

A guy was stocking the ammo shelf with about 25 boxes of fmj .223 @ $8.49 a box for a box of 20:(. He said it would more than likely be gone by the end of the day.

23 hours ago, Nomad said:

So I’ve been ordering ammo online here and there ,to fill in some low spots . The sites have always had a banner saying , high demand may take a day or two longer to ship ,that sort of thing .

Well I recently ordered a 1400 round bucket of .22, now I get an email update , due to extremely  high demand it may take 10 days for my order to hit their shipping dept !!! 

Yikes we’re moving in the wrong direction here . 

Had to be buds 

• Like 1

Cabelas in Cheektowaga had Hornady Sst 2 3/4 20ga. Sabots today. I grabbed 6 boxes at 14.99 a box. Seems like the price is real close to last fall.
On a side note I have been in Cabelas a few times in the last month or so and I just realized today the ammo section has basically disappeared. I realize there is an ammo shortage but there isn't even space in that section any more if ammo does make a comeback.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I had .22lr on notification at buds when i got the email that they had it in it was $85 for 500rd. of Remington thunderbolts?? I like shooting .22's but not that much.If you reload cast lead bullets are still cheap.

This all sucks for me after 35+ years of bow hunting I was really looking forward to spend my retirement hunting game and shooting with guns.

• Like 1

I have a box of 30-06 hornady SST 150 grain.   I picked them up a week ago for ba buddy who decided he wanted the chapter Hertz ammo instead.

Willing to trade for a box of 308 hornady SST or sell for the $40.00 that I paid for them.   I'm in the Buffalo area.

IMG_20210403_124707.jpg

29 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

I feel like i hit the jackpot when I found these today! Now i just need to build the gun to go with them..

Been thinking seriously about the .350 legend. Main thing holding me back is the availability of ammunition, the cost of ammunition, and the lack of reloading components.

Looks like you made a good score.

• Like 1

I think availability of any ammo lately has been a challenge. I found these at a local wally world for $20/box. From what I've seen (articles, forums, and youtube reviews), the .350 seems to be a hard hitting round with a mild recoil and accurate out to about 200 yards in an AR platform. it uses all the standard components of an AR-15. All you need is a different barrel and mags.  My goal is to build one to take on pig hunts down South, but that could also be used up here for deer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

I think availability of any ammo lately has been a challenge. I found these at a local wally world for $20/box. From what I've seen (articles, forums, and youtube reviews), the .350 seems to be a hard hitting round with a mild recoil and accurate out to about 200 yards in an AR platform. it uses all the standard components of an AR-15. All you need is a different barrel and mags.  My goal is to build one to take on pig hunts down South, but that could also be used up here for deer.

Even the same BCG ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bolt action said:

Everything I have read on the .350 Legend has been nothing but good. I would seldom have a shot over 200 even if I wanted to take one. Still haven't decided on whether I would want a bolt action or semi in the AR platform but the ammo and reloading supply availability has me holding off for now.

• Like 1

Upcoming Ammo Auction:

https://hessney.hibid.com/catalog/273302/04-12-21-april-ammunition-and-accessories-auction/

If you're really in need of ammo, there's a bunch in this auction. Like all of them recently though, be ready to mortgage the house. I browsed through a few listings and the prices are already (in some cases) 2x retail with 5 days left.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 12:51 PM, Red said:

I have a box of 30-06 hornady SST 150 grain.   I picked them up a week ago for ba buddy who decided he wanted the chapter Hertz ammo instead.

Willing to trade for a box of 308 hornady SST or sell for the $40.00 that I paid for them.   I'm in the Buffalo area.

IMG_20210403_124707.jpg

Hi Red. Is this local pickup only?