LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

13 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Talk to me about the sight.....Hha optimizer?
I am making the switch this winter to one. Do you just set for a yardage like 25 and adjust high or low from there? Or do you actually dial it in for the know yardage the animal is at?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Yes I keep it at 25 I usually don't shoot past 30 hunting.  I need a new yardage tape on sights the elements got to it. Make sure u put the clear tape on over it to protect yardage tape. I like the sight I was having clutter issues with 3 pin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kpkot said:

Yes I keep it at 25 I usually don't shoot past 30 hunting.  I need a new yardage tape on sights the elements got to it. Make sure u put the clear tape on over it to protect yardage tape. I like the sight I was having clutter issues with 3 pin.

Same. I keep mine at 25 yard and know to aim high or low for 15-35yds. But the slider works great when i tried it for 3D. If i ever hunted out west or in a farm field in NY i would try to slide to say 42yds before a shot

20 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

Really? I just checked Accuweather it says only a quarter moon in Columbia County where I hunt.

Full moon is Friday morning around 9am.  I'm in Columbia county also. Could read the paper last night it was so bright out at midnight.  

download.webp

Edited by mowin
  • Thanks 1

Good God Almighty.. just read a quick story on another site about a deer taken in IN.. The left side of the rack looks like a standard, albeit giant, 8 typical pt. The other side though is a different story. The brow tine grew into a beam all it's own with 3 points that are several inches long. The actual main beam looks like a red stag antler with palmation and a heavy fork that grew off from a heavier fork. I don't know any details about private v. public v. high fence, but man what a deer.

Good God Almighty.. just read a quick story on another site about a deer taken in IN.. The left side of the rack looks like a standard, albeit giant, 8 typical pt. The other side though is a different story. The brow tine grew into a beam all it's own with 3 points that are several inches long. The actual main beam looks like a red stag antler with palmation and a heavy fork that grew off from a heavier fork. I don't know any details about private v. public v. high fence, but man what a deer.
What sight?

Just now, BowmanMike said:

Saw a couple of different decent bucks in the wide open today driving around for work. I wish i was in the woods. Things are happening in 4F.

Oh man.  I've been hoping to see you post something like this.  i'm just down the road from you.

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That’s pretty wild.  

43 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

47 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What sight?

Saw pics of a monster nontypical taken in Monroe County (8A unit) in front of a red barn. Maybe @Belo ?

2 minutes ago, virgil said:

Oh man.  I've been hoping to see you post something like this.  i'm just down the road from you.

I know, this week it busted wide open I think. I found a ton of scrapes and rubs earlier in the week that had not been there the week before. This is prime time,which seems a tad later than usual but what do I know,I don't get to see a ton of good bucks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilentStalker said:

I know some people out there and I think that may be the 3rd or 4th deer of that caliber off that "Red Barn" farm just this year.

I don't know that I've seen that red barn, but I'm in Monroe County. There's lots of AG around here and, with good genes and time to grow, they can get pretty big. There was some article a few years back about US Olympic speed skater Cathy Turner. She has a place out here near Hilton and is (or was) an avid bow hunter. The article showed a brute that she took off her property.

Found that article:

https://www.nyantler-outdoors.com/cathy-turner-buck.html

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

I don't know that I've seen that red barn, but I'm in Monroe County. There's lots of AG around here and, with good genes and time to grow, they can get pretty big. There was some article a few years back about US Olympic speed skater Cathy Turner. She has a place out here near Hilton and is (or was) an avid bow hunter. The article showed a brute that she took off her property.

Found that article:

https://www.nyantler-outdoors.com/cathy-turner-buck.html

cool story, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1