LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

3 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Uh yeah that total BS. Can you imagine people shooting at alerted/running deer with archery equipment! Im laughing just thinking about it. 

They do . They don't do all al out drive like during gun . During gun they yell scream ring bells . they just walk the woods towards their buddies  

Edited by cynthiafu

Not live from the woods but arrowed this guy at around 5:20 last night and recovered it this AM. I thought I heard him go down, but because it was somewhat quartering to I decided to leave it overnight. Deer went less than 100 yards. I will write something up in Crappie's thread. 2a12a7ebc0d1825bd6993d3145cd4832.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 31

Had a four point poke his head out of briars at 20 yards, he circled us twice anywhere from 70-120 yards out during both rounds never offering a shot.

A single doe just made her way down the hill at about 150 yards and appears to have laid down around the wild rose and sumac.

Hopefully something will offer a shot soon.

Not live from the woods but arrowed this guy at around 5:20 last night and recovered it this AM. I thought I heard him go down, but because it was somewhat quartering to I decided to leave it overnight. Deer went less than 100 yards. I will write something up in Crappie's thread. 2a12a7ebc0d1825bd6993d3145cd4832.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SEXY SIX!!!!!! Atta boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

Trying to get motivated to go out this afternoon. Tough not seeing anything other than a tail 80 yards away. Everything can change quickly though.  Got to happen sometime. 

You and me both brother! Sounds like we're in the same boat. This afternoon will be hunt #24 and I've seen 4 deer. I've seen a few others in a neighbors field at long range, but no hunting there, so it does me no good other than seeing there's deer moving somewhere anyways. Getting more and more discouraged with each passing day. One week deep into November now and not seeing squat for rutting activity yet. Trying to be optimistic that things will change any day, but..................

Good luck!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

You and me both brother! Sounds like we're in the same boat. This afternoon will be hunt #24 and I've seen 4 deer. I've seen a few others in a neighbors field at long range, but no hunting there, so it does me no good other than seeing there's deer moving somewhere anyways. Getting more and more discouraged with each passing day. One week deep into November now and not seeing squat for rutting activity yet. Trying to be optimistic that things will change any day, but..................

Good luck!!

It's funny how every year you and I keep about the same pace.  I'm on hunt #25

• Like 1

Well my son had a nice 4 pointer lined up with his Crossbow and SNAP !  His string snaps ! I called Field and Stream ( Latham Farms ) to get it Re Strung and they said " No Problem , anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 weeks "  Flying Arrow in East Greenbush does not have their Voicemail setup , nice Business ! Anyone know of a place to get a Crossbow re-strung in 2-3 days max ? Albany area or close by ?

Well my son had a nice 4 pointer lined up with his Crossbow and SNAP !  His string snaps ! I called Field and Stream ( Latham Farms ) to get it Re Strung and they said " No Problem , anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 weeks "  Flying Arrow in East Greenbush does not have their Voicemail setup , nice Business ! Anyone know of a place to get a Crossbow re-strung in 2-3 days max ? Albany area or close by ?
Wow glad he didn't get hurt.
How old is the xbow......did the string get kicked with his broadhead?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Wow glad he didn't get hurt.
How old is the xbow......did the string get kicked with his broadhead?

I bought it used off here , but it works great until now of course !  He got a little whiplash on the side of his head but nothing more ( thank god) . I think the Crossbow is 3 years old ! And Crossbow Season is over in just under 2 weeks , until after Gun opens and closes !

Edited by GreeneHunter