Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

Can't wait to see him!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I saw a nice buck this morning that passed just out of range, as usual. I grunted, he stopped and then walked off. After 15 minutes I saw a buck from the same direction... now I am second guessing if it was the same buck. Praying I find him. Gonna wait another hour.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

I saw a nice buck this morning that passed just out of range, as usual. I grunted, he stopped and then walked off. After 15 minutes I saw a buck from the same direction... now I am second guessing if it was the same buck. Praying I find him. Gonna wait another hour.

Did you hear the crash???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

I think I’ll roll out of bed soon .Good luck to those in the woods .

i did too. only to go into the office here in Albany, look out my wall of windows, and stare at one of the best hunting spots I have. lol work gets in the way of life I'm tellin ya!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Putting the fanny pack away today and have the back pack on deck, preparing for some all day sits starting tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just switched too, although I don’t do all day hunts, more for layers , warm hats etc. Hunting my buddies spot tomorrow,our first hunt together this year, a north wind made the choice easy as at my spot that’s not so great .

2 hours ago, YFKI1983 said:

looks like a decent hit to be uneffected unless you got up into the backstrap without hitting spine or arteries. were'd you think you hit him and the path of the arrow?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i did too. only to go into the office here in Albany, look out my wall of windows, and stare at one of the best hunting spots I have. lol work gets in the way of life I'm tellin ya!

Staring across the river?  We got moved from the 7th floor where I could see Thatcher Park & the Helderbergs here at the state campus down to the 3rd floor.  Naturally this happened 2 months before I got promoted and qualified for an office with a beautiful south window view.

Saw 5 buck and 1 doe today. Three small guys, 1 nice 2.5 8 pt and the second largest deer of this season. The big one was dogging a doe and fighting off attempts of a small 8 pt. It was cool to watch He just didn't give me a shot. I have video of a small buck coming into Golden Estrous then licking my stand. Also have video of the 2.5 8 pt. Enjoy!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, YFKI1983 said:

Very Happy right now. Not a giant, but it is for my property20221107_090402.jpg20221107_090439.jpg

that's a respectable, nice 2.5 or 3.5 year old buck depending on what area of the state you're in! congrats! Glad you found him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Staring across the river?  We got moved from the 7th floor where I could see Thatcher Park & the Helderbergs here at the state campus down to the 3rd floor.  Naturally this happened 2 months before I got promoted and qualified for an office with a beautiful south window view.

oh no.... private single story office bldg we own that borders part of the Albany Pine Bush Preserve. I've had deer walk across the lawn out my window and head right into the woods. A lot of hiking and activity this time of the hunting season on the weekends though. Best to hunt during the week or inclement weather with less people around. Otherwise deer hole up in adjacent inaccessible strips of cover/woods.