Quality is a joke now a days !!!!!

ants

Turns out that my fridge/freezer crapped out last night. GE profile that is maybe 5 years old on the long side.. In the past 5 years I have had to replace my ., dishwasher, dryer, washing machine, stove and now refrigerator. I bought them all new…… My old washing machine ($1000) lasted a whole 2.5 years, dryer ($900) 4 years, dishwasher( $800) about 3years, stove ($1100) about 3 years and now a 5 year old fridge..($1200) ..All different top end brands!!  What a bunch of $h!t that is sold to us now. My mom passed away a couple years ago, and in her house were the same washer & dryer she had since I was in my early 20's,(long time ago folks)  and the same  fridge, basement freezer and stove that she had since not long after that. They all worked 100% .

BUNCH OF B.S.

• Like 8

Fortunately I have a fridge/freezer in the basement, that I just moved everything to. Don't know whether to call a repairman or just bite the bullet and buy a new one…Im so pissed right now I can't decide….

I would like to leave it on the hood of the Mercedes of GE's CEO!!!  LOL!!! That would make him/her care!!!!! LOL!!

I would hate to jinx myself but we have a Gibson upright freezer that we bought new in 1970 . That sucker is still running .

We have replaced washers , dryers , freezers , refridgerators , etc that only lasted a few years .

I bought a 7.5 cu ft GE chest freezer from Sears and the damned thing quit a month after the one year warranty expired . Lost my venison that year . 

Yup.. my grand mother and great grandmother both had ancient appliances that lasted from when I was a little kid until they passed away…..30 plus years.. They both had basement kitchens (Italian thing) and their stoves/ovens and fridges, down there,  were from the early  60's. at least... Hell ..for all I know those things are still running.. We sold them with their houses...

Oh yeah , my Toro snow blower had the engine seize up and quit on me . When I went to buy a new one , the salesman said they make them to last only so many run hours . What the heck ! 

Don't get me going…..My grandfather had a push mower that he had when we were kids..You have to spin the crank by hand, no pull string. A little handle unfolds from the top of the engine. My brother still uses it , at his camp, and it runs fine. It must be from the 60's or early 70's. The deck is thick and heavy and you can tell its well made.

Never Buy FROM Lowe's OR Home depot, The GEY A Lesser PRODUCT It's Not The Same As A dealers, Yes YOU Pay More At A dealers,But YOU GEY Better quality, A John Deer Sold At Home Depot Is Not The Same As A Dealers Same model, The Serial Is different, THINNER steel, ect, HUSKVARNA Tools Are Not The Same either, Go To A Dealer AND compare. That is the big box way the will buy so many units at this price and to make their item fit for mass sale they drop quality , but sell millions.

That's your biggest problem shopping there.

• Like 1

Bought a Frigidaire refrigerator from Lowes last year. First one the freezer door did not seal ,had it repaired under warranty (lost half day of work) still didn't seal. They gave me another same model and that one didn't seal either !  Finally exchanged for a Whirlpool and that one has been fine so far. My Frigidaire washing machine is from the 70's or maybe even the 60's and is still going strong. That was when appliances were made in the U.S.A. before greedy corporate C.E.O.S  shipped manufacturing over seas to use the saved labor costs to fund golden parachutes.

• Like 1

Never Buy FROM Lowe's OR Home depot, The GEY A Lesser PRODUCT It's Not The Same As A dealers, Yes YOU Pay More At A dealers,But YOU GEY Better quality, A John Deer Sold At Home Depot Is Not The Same As A Dealers Same model, The Serial Is different, THINNER steel, ect, HUSKVARNA Tools Are Not The Same either, Go To A Dealer AND compare. That is the big box way the will buy so many units at this price and to make their item fit for mass sale they drop quality , but sell millions.

That's your biggest problem shopping there.

true...the high end companies make lesser quality stuff and let the big box stores sell them under their name.....make no mistake that a John Deere from Lowes is NOT the same item bought from a John Deere dealer.

i know exactly what your saying had to buy a freezer,dryer,stove,fridge,micro wave and dishwasher in the last 18 months only good thing is wife wanted to update to start with but none of them were over 8 yrs old my mom has a freezer 19 years still as cold as the first day these new ones are junk bought some from sears and other stores as I;m not a big box store shopper

To add to the general trend here, you'll never see a Stihl chainsaw in a big box store. The company makes only high-quality stuff.

The folks at Lowes or Home Depot simply don't know enough about chainsaws to be Stihl dealers.

They don't know much about major appliances either.

That may have been true before Stihl opened there production plant in China in 2006.  Now even there handles are plastic.

Turns out that my fridge/freezer crapped out last night. GE profile that is maybe 5 years old on the long side.. In the past 5 years I have had to replace my ., dishwasher, dryer, washing machine, stove and now refrigerator. I bought them all new…… My old washing machine ($1000) lasted a whole 2.5 years, dryer ($900) 4 years, dishwasher( $800) about 3years, stove ($1100) about 3 years and now a 5 year old fridge..($1200) ..All different top end brands!!  What a bunch of $h!t that is sold to us now. My mom passed away a couple years ago, and in her house were the same washer & dryer she had since I was in my early 20's,(long time ago folks)  and the same  fridge, basement freezer and stove that she had since not long after that. They all worked 100% .

BUNCH OF B.S.

We live in a throw away world now, however with all the appliances you have had crapping out I tend to think you have a power issue in your house.  Electrical spikes, surges something sounds off.  May be worth a call to an electrician.

• Like 1

Companies have found it a lot more cost efficient to spend their dollars on advertising "claiming" to have quality, than to improve designs and materials to actually achieve it.

And in saying "companies", I should not include all of them. The automotive industry talks quality, and has the record to back it up, for the most part. Yes, I do remember the rust buckets from the 70's that were only able to reach 100,000 miles with tons of Bondo and constant maintenance. So far, most of today's cars see 100,000 miles and keep right on going past (not all)....lol.