thanksgiving 2015

Red

whos all going out? what kind of hunt will you be doing sitting stalking some deer drives?

I try to make sure that I'm in the woods on Turkey day there's usually a lot of people in the woods.

last year I over slept and didn't make it out that's not happening this year

I usually hunt until 1030ish then head home to help my wife get the kids ready to go to my parents house.

im still trying to decide where im going tomorrow either to to a spot that's 30 minutes away from home or the state land near the cabin. ill sit for 2 hrs then probably do some stalking

I go every year morning only. I got a 3pt in 2011. I hunt sitting down dark - 8 or 9am, then do a slow still hunt into heavy pines. That's how I got the 3pt. Then I leave by 10 or 11am.

In my area, it means less people in the woods (not more).

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

It depends for me ,if I have my muck boots on,I can afford to be more generous where I step,if I have my Frankenstein boots on it seems like no matter where I walk they make a ton of noise, and there is really nothing I can do but look ahead to see what runs away.

bringing my 6 year old girl out again. 2 years in a row starts a tradition. my son gets opening day and she has thanksgiving morning. doubt she will make it much past 8:30. hope the deer move early.

good luck to all

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 4

Im heading out…I have taken several deer on past Thanksgivings, and even if I don't see a thing, I love being out there on Turkey day….. on the way out, successful or not, we meet at the barn for a holiday toddy, shoot the breeze for a little while and then head to our separate family events…Its one of my favorite, if not my favorite, days to hunt……Good luck to all and happy Thanksgiving...

• Like 1

I will only have a chance to go out in the afternoon. I will probably pick my spot depending on the wind direction. I found a great spot on the corner of a friends property that I had never explored before. Hardwoods and some dense pines bordered by a secluded hay field. Wind needs to be N to W.

Good luck to you all. 

going out with my father in-law in the morning, he usually gets a buck right around thanksgiving every year except for last year. hopefully we both get lucky but I would be plenty satisfied just to help him drag one out. we will probably sit on the edge of a pretty big field on the same side but about 150yrds away from each other. only gonna stay still 10am cause I gotta help the wife with dinner. hopefully all the trespassers will stay the f--- home

You guys are lucky........I have to hang around tomorrow as we have company coming.  14 for dinner is a bus load for us. :)

Not much really to do for me as my wife does 90% of the work.........the turkey is my baby.  Fluff, buff and stuff then toss in the oven.

Good luck all...............

• Like 2

Driving 1 hr. to State Land and hunting until 10:30 but hoping for an early morning oportunity.I will be alone as no one else can make it. I will sit and hope a deer comes by or is pushed by other hunters walking around.I have not hunted Thanksgiving in several years however I usually had a deer by now. I miss meeting my father's family at my grandfather's farm land, it was a tradition for a while.Have fun everyone.

I've lost my "sneak"! I just spent over 3 hours going through the best hidey-hole that we've got. It was one of the few times that I have had a sustained perfect in-my-face wind direction. Managed to miss all the twigs with my clumsy feet, and still at the far end, I got picked off by a couple of huge deer. Maybe I just can't see anymore .... ha-ha-ha.

I'm staying out of there until we get some snow so the critters stick out better.

Actually, there was a bit more shooting than I have heard on recent Thanksgiving Days. Must have been the nice weather.