Did you get your DMP for where you wanted

upstatehunter

7 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

Wanted 4H & 4L - no chances.

Picked up 4J, bow only.  That'll likely be where I hunt early in bow season.

I wanted 4H as well, but didn't try as odds were low. I got 4B and 4J, if nothing else there's public land to hunt in both areas.

I have to do some thinking.........I hunt 8N, 8H and 9H and have to plan things out before applying. 

I'll get some DMAP's and consigned tags also so all has to be taken into account before pulling the "trigger". 

A Philadelphia lawyer may have to assist......... :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I have to do some thinking.........I hunt 8N, 8H and 9H and have to plan things out before applying. 

I'll get some DMAP's and consigned tags also so all has to be taken into account before pulling the "trigger". 

A Philadelphia lawyer may have to assist......... :)

I know on second go around on Nov 1st there's never 9H but how's 8N and 8H on second go? If they're available grab the 9H now and get the other 2 later

I got tags for where I applied, 4F and 1C.  But not where I wanted, 40.

When I lost my farm I lost my landowner status and now it takes 3 years of accumulating preference points before I can hope to get a dmp in 40.  Just can see waiting that long.  

I have the bow/muzz tags if I need a doe in 40 (during the appropriate bow/muzz seasons of course!!)

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:21 AM, Rebel Darling said:

Wanted 4H & 4L - no chances.

Picked up 4J, bow only.  That'll likely be where I hunt early in bow season.

18 hours ago, ....rob said:

I wanted 4H as well, but didn't try as odds were low. I got 4B and 4J, if nothing else there's public land to hunt in both areas.

I used to hunt in 4J a bit.  I may apply for DMPs this year.  don't need them but thinking if I hunt there I should take doe if the opportunity should arise.  Let me know if either of you are having trouble getting on deer in 4J public ground.

• Like 2

Have not even thought about getting tags/lic. yet . They give them out like candy for 8h no rush . Oh Lawdwaz I'll sign over a 8h if you want , if that helps . I could often get 4 ( 2 rounds) but sledom do as I use the farms DMAPs. I'd you want I'll go to the town hall tomorrow and grab 2.

2 deer is more then enough for the wife and I these days....

I'm not familiar with 4B, but spent some time in 4J last year, and had a couple of opportunities that couldn't capitalize on.

At an unrelated meeting I had with The Nature Conservancy earlier this year, we got to chatting about hunting, and their message was basically, "please hunt the Pine Bush." Apparently, large-scale subdivision development in Colonie is pushing more herds into the Pine Bush, which is hurting, well, the pine bush...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk