Scope Tomorrow....

Lawdwaz

No, not a rifle scope. 

It'll be an EGD type scope......I've had a couple in the past and they've found some trouble before.  It's been 4 years IIRC and they need to take a peak down the hatch.  18 hours with no food or drink oughta be just a hoot.

I could buy a used Leupold with the $150 co-pay.................... :)

Have them head north and snap a pic of your brain while they are in there. I have had enough of those done I think I can do your next one, let me know and I'll show up with a flash light ductaped to a fishing pole.

Have a big breakfast after, and a nap. Always does the trick for me. 

• Like 1

Well that was about as much fun as I expected.............

Got there at 11:45am (as instructed) for a 12:30 procedure.  Young gal at desk says......."hmmmm, the doctor is 90 minutes behind!"  Oh crap, I decided to run back home for a book and my reading glasses.  We get back and register.  Lady comes out and hollers "Lawdwaz" (kidding) and before I even sit down in the waiting room chair I'm heading back to get prepped.  

I think I was ready to go by probably 12:20 or so and then laid on the gurney in my little room until 1:50  They wheeled me to the "room of doom" and hooked up the juice, oxygen and wires.  Then came Sirius Satellite radio ch 31 (Tom Petty) and I heard less than 20 seconds of a Bob Marley song before I was on Queer Street.

I have zero recollection of anything until walking into my garage sometime around 3:15pm  The wife plopped me on the davenport (ya, thats for you Bizy Boy) and I woke up around 6:40pm. 

The wife made meatloaf dinner with baby white potatoes and broccoli so sonny boy and I ate, my first food in 24 hours.  

Not sure WTH they found during the scope procedure and I never thought to ask my wife when I talked to her earlier tonight at work.  I guess we'll have to see............... 

EDIT TO ADD: I just texted my wife the question on what'd they say?  She said that the snipped some stuff off but it all looked OK so they'll see me in 3 years.  I like that!!

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Larry --- They will be looking for a perfect A-hole ...... :rolleyes: :taunt:     Good luck !

They'd have needed a butt load of cable on their scope 'cause they went in from my mouth, but alas, if the DID have the cable coverage, they'd have found a dandy A-Hole.  :)

• Like 1

Glad to hear your doing good...I have to say I thought what Eddie did...Lucky you! I was scoped 2x's...once when 9yrs. old and once at 16 yrs old...I was wide awake both times...Not  happy time...lol Though they did let me watch on the screen...even though I'm pretty sure the doc understood what I called him, bit in my mouth and all...:wink:

I assume that you have already had the "poop-chute" version of that procedure before. Now, there is a wonderful prep procedure. All that wonderful stuff to drink and sitting on the crapper for hours, as well as being starved to death. So, starvation was the worst of it for you this time....lol. I think I've got the other version of this scoping coming up soon. Not looking forward to that.