Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3N: 0 shots heard. At 8am I Blind bleat called in small buck. Thought it was fawn but then used binocs n saw it was spike or 3pt at best. 70yds. Then he started running in circles like a maniac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I can't complain about my morning. I've seen a couple of small bucks, a doe with a really small fawn and a bunch of turkeys. Just waiting for a bigger buck to show up. If that doesn't happen soon it will be off to do a small deer push where hopefully my buddy will get a shot at something.

17 hours ago, Fletch said:

And if you do rinse pat it dry not wipe with paper towels. You want the membrane to dry out as moist equals germ factory. 

silly question: What do you think of the idea of blow drying the inside of the carcass with a cordless leaf blower if you have to rinse it out?

Decided to take a walk down my creek bottom trail and follow it around to a stand I have. Along the way there’s been a hang on stand up in a pine tree a good 70-80 yards into the property only I have permission on. I never saw anyone in it last year or bow season this year but today I come across a guy sitting in it. I had some words with him, told him to pull the stand when he’s done hunting today or I’m getting the land owner involved. I knew I heard a gun shot down this way last weekend. I asked him about it but of course denied shooting anything. I left it off by walking down my path into the swamp he faces hoping to blow every deer out of the area on my way out.

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Woohoo !! She got it done !! Bang flop. I’ve never killed a deader deer !fb011b4734689668079cb6c222bc7cfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go Turkey feathers Jr.  Awesome pic to see on thanksgiving morning.  I know how hard you have been trying to connect. Great job!!!!