Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

9 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

I completely disagree with that article ! Save the genitals to prove sex.... I always hang them in a close by tree. Some college professor can't change my mind !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hence this part they wrote “ leaving the scrotum for sex identification”

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Just read it. It states “if you wish to rinse” not that you should and as I stated, if gut shot you should and then it points out what we also mentioned “thoroughly dry it out”

I’ll be sure to wash my blade with disinfecting wipes between cuts as it mentions too emoji849.png

Did I miss your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said hanging by the neck is wrong and you want the blood to pool up in the neck, I proved that theory incorrect and stated that it doesn’t matter. Then you said “never rinse unless gut shot” I showed that you can rinse and in the same link proved that bleeding one out is not going to happen on a dead gutted deer. 

You do it your way because that’s how you were taught, I could care less honestly. Any ones option on right and wrong is just that, an opinion. Unless some one is mishandling the carcas, who cares. I need to kill one before I have to worry about it. Haha 

For the record, I am sold on Barnes 80 grain ttsx .243. Shot just under spine (downhill and from stand) and out opposite shoulder. The spine is completely separated and it passed through the opposite shoulder blade. Only 40 yards but I’ve had bullets blow up at that short distance.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

For the record, I am sold on Barnes 80 grain ttsx .243. Shot just under spine (downhill and from stand) and out opposite shoulder. The spine is completely separated and it passed through the opposite shoulder blade. Only 40 yards but I’ve had bullets blow up at that short distance.

That's my bullet of choice for my .243.......almost 3300 FPS. (IIRC)

• Like 2

Getting ready myself..Been awake since 3:45...need to get a few things done before I go out for an hour or 2 of legal light hunting...it is cold and damp out there will bundle for a tree stand sit...At this point I have expectations of even seeing a deer...but I will make my presence known. 

Got to the stand nice and early, about 5:45, so didn't spook anything on the hike in...Haven't been to this stand since I shot my buck Saturday afternoon. Brought the rifle for a big doe and the camera for any bucks that might show up! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful morning to be in the woods! Happy Thanksgiving all and Good Luck!

Just got to one of the ground blinds with my girlfriends daughter, Marlowe. She’s 7 and this is her first time hunting. Her dad never takes her so we decided it was time. She is excited and so am I. Hopefully we see something! Sure would like the big 9 to step out. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 6