LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

Just had this big weasel looking creature come through the pines and slip into the creek area.

Big and all black with a bushy tail. About the size of a coon but longer and thinner. Currently google searching. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fisher

Sitting in my stand in Geneseo. It's raining. The field that I drove the ATV through had been plowed. Wasn't an easy drive. I hope the rain stops soon .my youngest son Nick is sitting in a double chair blind about 300 to 400 yards south of me . Since my 2 trips to the hospital I don't hunt alone .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 9

This rain is doing nothing to motivate me to head out with the bow this evening.

In the same boat crappyice! LOL I just ran out to get a warm lunch. Now I'm sitting in the truck at camp, watching it rain and sleet, trying to get motivated and think positive to go back out. Didn't see a thing this morning...

If I don't go out, I'll regret it later! It's gonna be a L-O-N-G wait until next October!

#finishstrong

#noregrets

#gearupbitches

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Took a long walk. Lots of beds and tracks. Rather surprised we didn’t kick up anything. 12c90d69a1dc40980699a0f2711d47a5.jpg&key=e4e6e8aedba6934c072171963c6bad0cc6f47d6ae3ebe3015631645a8a9accc0
Boatload of fisher tracks. 8086dcc3d8b840f5209b2bfa84996c46.jpg&key=69ebfb510a6307957084b7a718b51a65f8bdef2e6be568e4492a38858a349874
Interesting find in a tree b5e279abe655dac31c246878738eb9a6.jpg&key=67198631cf99a6de2fd5c1f5535d95dfa785132e70f46ff2a34bb3f5f6637b75bought some well used lumber on the way and built Biz a stand 53307c975826a93c429ea5dee159e937.jpg&key=d697be46d60395cea3246702b16509e031dadb9bf5025dd13c591dda56429532 pterodactyl nest 033288ff6ed6d31437bdab2f1c3ed1ee.jpg&key=0dcf4bce14bb062a6c28799e7686b3f761ca881ee35052e3c26efbba4a2b31eb
Somebody trapping the creek. 110 conibesr in blind set for mink cf1e176af1f4aad9507f9cd2d35403ae.jpg&key=6322a30e993d51efa826b1b86374d5bd3f1866734ec749b1be0ff00f976c4a27
Mostly brown wooly bear b54959d701ec5a3c4c0efe2ed84044d8.jpg&key=a692a0e47c339f81c16401f0a82299a7a73075b17334b6a2d2c3eab4d0b5dd87
Stopped for a great sub 36ae5ded28cba66c3164eb301a9d3b8e.jpg&key=4bc79ab414cba36c369822c348bb5d56564385f1158e5f9574f015026814adb3
Amish Uber. But why a phone number ?

So... How do you call thrm, or does one have to walk to the farm?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jumped 3 on the neighbors property on the way in ,then bumped what i think was a total of 12 or close to it shortly after. Theres a shelf half way up the hill ,they have busted us more time then i can count laying up on that shelf.  If we could access the land from the back side ,it would be a shooting gallery for us. 

• Like 1

This guy got a pass last night for the 2nd time this season. He came in with 6 doe and did some chasing. Had him at under 20 yards. Saw him way back at the beginning and he has been on cam every once in a while since then. His Daddy is still running around however, as of two days ago according to cam pics. So, I am waiting for the bigger deer. I have a feeling about this evening's sit. Let's see what happens

The deer will below will be a fine beast if he makes through to next year. Fingers crossed for him.

2081_DEC_3THREE_SMALL.jpg

Edited by The_Field_Ager
  • Like 6

My season ended this morning. Saw nothing head wasnt in it today anyways, between just moving and now wife needs surgery tomorrow morning.   Not a horrible season wish i got out more.  Sat maybe 10 times between all the seasons.  Congrats to all who filled tags this year.  Next year my daughter goes with me and hoping to get a new lease.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

My season ended this morning. Saw nothing head wasnt in it today anyways, between just moving and now wife needs surgery tomorrow morning.   Not a horrible season wish i got out more.  Sat maybe 10 times between all the seasons.  Congrats to all who filled tags this year.  Next year my daughter goes with me and hoping to get a new lease.  

Good luck to your wife tomorrow.  Hope all is ok. 

I am basically done, but I have not discharged my ML yet...

I left a folding chair up in a blind on my food plot, and if the weather is reasonable tomorrow, I will hike up to the plot and retrieve my chair..I may just sit a couple of hours while I am there..Ya never know....

• Like 1

Ok that worked!
Hit send, look up and see deer running 200 yards out flashing through the trees. Then nothing then they are running right at me I can’t move. The second was a single little spike the first I think doe. It had bed head and I was trying to be sure not that it mattered they ran into 40 then turned direct away!

So he said:

Let there be more magic!!

• Like 2

Last sit of the year for me. Finished wrapping missus presents, vacuum packed breakfast sausage and kielbasa, freezer is full and just enjoying my last opportunity until October 1, 2019. 36° and light rain in 3g.

Congrats to all who enjoyed their season and good luck to those still out there.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I am basically done, but I have not discharged my ML yet...

I left a folding chair up in a blind on my food plot, and if the weather is reasonable tomorrow, I will hike up to the plot and retrieve my chair..I may just sit a couple of hours while I am there..Ya never know....

That gives me to go out tomorrow.i need to unload my muzzleloader . Lolol

Buddy had a wild time in 9g the last two days.....saw a ton of doe from 5-200 yards away....had multi coyote sightings with no shot opportunity...and he ended tonight by seeing a beer haul ass across the neighbors field onto the land we hunt.
He said it was buck fever 20x!
Pic he sent me of print compared to his hand.
039dccc45fb20c3b4f50b9ebf37be9a3.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 16