LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Came very close to hitting a GIANT buck at about 4pm. With my wife's car, on Depot Rd. in Voorheesville. He was running a doe. Not sure how I missed him!

The Mrs. was very impressed with my lack of accuracy.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

Long long day, saw two sets of eyes on the way in, was going to my climber that I moved to a spot that I think will be the best spot on the property, got about half way up and the support limbs on the lone wolf started to bend, it was very scary. Got down slowly and quickly made my way to the murder plot stand. Saw nothing all morning. JMP walked down to me at 11 and we decided to move a ladder stand to the area that my climber was in. I have a muddy strong hold that we built two years ago and never properly set up. Took us about a hour to get it in place. Went in for lunch for a quick hour and then back to the muddy for me. I also had to bring a saw and cut down one small tree to make that stand what I needed it to be. After 30 min in the stand I hear crunch crunch crunch and look to my left. The deer had followed the script perfectly for that stand except for one thing. It was the smallest button buck I have ever seen. Could not have weighed more than 40lbs. He got a pass. Saw nothing the rest of the evening but did hear a bunch of shots right around sunset. I’ll have one more day out with the gun before ML/late bow.
017449ae2f6d6b050af6509a686ebe74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’ll elaborate on the hunt tomorrow in the Harvest Thread.  Dressed out at 175lbs......9pt with 18” inside spread. 

My ice is melting, gotta go. 

9152FC3E-597B-44F2-94A5-19B83FE3F856.png

Congrats Lawdwaz! He's a beauty!

God I hope that gun's unloaded!! 

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I see You, Larry, and raise you this!
c20755a7866419961db10413ea52d963.jpg

c8d4c610e736ebc4c6dae25403f77c1f.jpg

Has small buttons but prop owner wants all deer gone so I’m gonna enjoy eating him...

4:25 shot....quartered and hanging in fridge by 8:25(45 degrees here)

eace1b059c7c2dfb661097bdc6a98167.jpg

Euro head under oxiclean from earlier today.

Not sure if that is venison wrapped in foil, but I have found the iron in the meat can sometimes oxidize with the aluminium. Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’ll elaborate on the hunt tomorrow in the Harvest Thread.  Dressed out at 175lbs......9pt with 18” inside spread. 

Heck yeah Larry congrats. Was he solo or still following doe's? Nice buck, I also like the fact you just take a picture the way it is, tongue hanging out feet out, not a big fan of prop picks, sitting way behind the deer to make the rack better etc... 

• Like 2

Thursday night nothing! Friday 2 fawns. Today nothing. Today was one amazing day for just sitting outside enjoying the scenery though. Warm and sunny for end of November is pretty awesome. Sometimes just the conditions make it a successful day. No hunting tomorrow bills game.

• Like 1

WTH.  Small one horn spike within 6 yrds of me ( ground hunting). Circled and caught my sent, but came back 4 times to do the same thing.  45 minutes of him staring at me from point blank range, smells me, runs 20 yrds and does it all over again, and again.  Lol. 

1 minute ago, mowin said:

WTH.  Small one horn spike within 6 yrds of me ( ground hunting). Circled and caught my sent, but came back 4 times to do the same thing.  45 minutes of him staring at me from point blank range, smells me, runs 20 yrds and does it all over again, and again.  Lol. 

That's why you should always wear plastic gloves when handling doe in heat scent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Nice job ,Larry ! One of the ,most consistent big buck killers on here .

BTW, buy a Yeti tumbler ,your ice will keep all day .

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not sure if that is venison wrapped in foil, but I have found the iron in the meat can sometimes oxidize with the aluminium. Congratulations!

Thanks....I just threw a layer of freezer paper in between and it’s only for tonight so hoping that’s fine-I’m short!

• Like 2

Great Buck Lawd and great meat buck Crappy. Congrats on getting it done today.

Hunted this morning with my neighbor and his crew at their camp. Did 3 drives and only one doe to show for it. Hope tomorrow morning is better. Put up some Christmas lights midday and went back out for afternoon solo in my bow stand. Super quiet out there and no deer were moving through.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1