LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

3 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Great buck! Congrats!! That boy is a trooper for sticking it out as cold as it was this morning!!

Thanks!  He is super into it, I mean non stop it's all he talks about year round is hunting and fishing.  Has his lifetime license, just dying to get to 12 so he can small game and now hunt.  We threw some heat packs in his gloves and boots, and I brought his sleeping bag to get into while in our double ladder stand.  He was warm the entire time which I was worried about but we didn't have to sit to long.

Second guessing the mount, but caped it good just in case and will throw it in the freezer. More about him being there than the size of the deer.  I did stop at the processor just to see what was there already.  There were 2 or 3 deer that were massive, huge 10 pointers and a 12 pointers with a some stickers and stuff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Our group ended up punching 4 tags in 9h.
What a blast of a morning. This is what deer hunting is all about.....family, fun and and a great time outdoors!
The 8 point was the first deer that guy has ever shot in a bunch of years of hunting.d19d38f938816dcd3fd981de2d5d19d0.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

All out of likes, that looks like one awesome day of hunting. Congratulations.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Surely she didn't stay awake all day?? LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was amazed.  She did.and woke her up at 4. Her feet’s got cold despite really warm rubber boots , great socks and toe warmers. So she took off her boots and put feet in my back pack. 

good luck to everyone on the afternoon watch 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

It just dawned on me that I've been back on stand for the past 2 1/2 hours, but haven't heard a single shot! Well, nor have I seen a single deer, but that's given...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quiet afternoon here too...only thing making a sound is the barking red squirrels... light is getting flat and fading quick... maybe a dusk feeder will stroll by in the next few

28 minutes ago, Chef said:

Is it weird this doe keeps blowing at these two spikes when they come near her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yes chef most deer are hederalsexual .

Blowing two  bucks at same time not sure about that  being normal usually they blow one  buck at a time I think :)

Edited by Hunter007

I saw nothing  but  some deer droppings had a blast  one of the best times hunting  in years got to hunt with the old man again after many years of him being sick bad knees and  cancer  now all gone . And  knee   replacement was a success. 

I Thank god for this every day 

Life is short and you never know .  

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

I saw nothing  but  some deer droppings had a blast  one of the best times hunting  in years got to hunt with the old man again after many years of him being sick bad knees and  cancer  now all gone . And  knee   replacement was a success. 

I Thank god for this every day 

Life is short and you never know .  

Deer or no deer. One heck of a day sharing the woods with your Pop.  Awesome !

• Like 4