Sardines.........

Lawdwaz

I just pounded out a tin of King Oscar Mediterranean Style sardines with some good crackers as a delivery system.  :)

Man do I love them on occasion.   It's been a year or so and for some reason (the wife was at a wake and dinner had to wait, lol) I figured tonight was a good night.  They were excellent.........

Maybe I'm part racoon?  (Don't get any ideas CulverCreek)

You like sardines??  I also really like smoked mussels!

reCqz1h.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Oh YEAH  !! I always have a few cans in the pantry...I Like King Oscar double layered in olive oil, but there are many good ones..

My Filipino daughter in law gets me some at the Oriental store in tomato sauce with hot chiles for a buck a can and they are darn good  !!

There is nostalgia involved also...Reminds of the job I used to have cleaning the girl's locker room at the local health club...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Love that stuff! The sardines in mustard sauce, hot sauce, olive oil, just about all of them. I don't mind 'kipper snacks' either. They both made for a lightweight backpacking meal when I used to haul cans in the pack. Either one with some ramen on the trail for supper was great. This brings back some memories.

I still buy them here and there to keep around as a snack.

• Like 1

Still vividly recall my dad's monthly poker nights with his buddies. Sardines, anchovies, hot peppers, real "store" blue cheese and saltines. Of course, whatz poker night w/o beer, whiskey & stokies! Naturally the windows needed to be opened the following AM to air-out the poker night odors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Still vividly recall my dad's monthly poker nights with his buddies. Sardines, anchovies, hot peppers, real "store" blue cheese and saltines. Of course, whatz poker night w/o beer, whiskey & stokies! Naturally the windows needed to be opened the following AM to air-out the poker night odors.

Awesome     

• Like 1

I tried em for the first time when I was in the Army. As hungry as I was, I still couldn't finish the tin. Tried em a few more times over the years. Still have yet to finish a tin. Even tried warming the tin over a campfire. Didn't finish em. Just never could aquire a taste for em.

Same with sushi.

I tried em for the first time when I was in the Army. As hungry as I was, I still couldn't finish the tin. Tried em a few more times over the years. Still have yet to finish a tin. Even tried warming the tin over a campfire. Didn't finish em. Just never could aquire a taste for em.
Same with sushi.

Well hell there’s your problem.....how old it THAT tin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Love sardines. Remember having them with my grandpop when just a boy. I always have some cans in the pantry. Son loves them too, daughter nope.

I also eat those Vienna Sausages too though so there is that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk