Which gun

Chef

So I’m having a dilemma and I figured I’d leave it up to the forum, which gun should I use Saturday, my marlin 336 in 35rem or my Remington sps in 308win. The Remington has a better scope on it which is good because we have AR and it’s easier to count points. I will be hunting at the top of a steep hill covering a funnel in the woods. Longest shot is about 150 yards. My last two bucks have both been killed with a lever gun but the way the deer has been moving my shots may be close to the 150 from that stand. So yea what do you guys think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same dilemna in a way. My 94 Winchester 30/30 is hands down my sentimental favorite but where I am hunting I know the 30-06 is the better choice. Have a chance at  175 yard shots and on opening day the 06 is more of a wallop too so that deer may not go into other people's land if not a perfect hit. 

Days I am out in other spots the 30/30 will def get out with me. 

I have the same dilemna in a way. My 94 Winchester 30/30 is hands down my sentimental favorite but where I am hunting I know the 30-06 is the better choice. Have a chance at  175 yard shots and on opening day the 06 is more of a wallop too so that deer may not go into other people's land if not a perfect hit. 
Days I am out in other spots the 30/30 will def get out with me. 

Yea I think for opening morning stand hunting I’m going to go with the 308, if I wind up still hunting later in the season I’ll take out the 35

• Like 2

The 35 Remington is very capable of making a 150 yard killing shot as long as the rifle being used has the accuracy, sighted dead on at 100 yards with a 200 gr bullet it is only 3.5 inches low at 150.

The 308 has more power and slightly flatter trajectory.

Go with what you have the most confidence in.

Al

2019-11-14_090138.png

Edited by airedale

So I sat opening morning with the 308 didn’t have any chances sat the afternoon with the 35 had deer in range but nothing I wanted to shoot.
The 35 just feels so much better in my hand I will be using it the rest of the season

• Like 2