LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

20 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What inspired you to follow tracks, and how did you know they could potentially end at deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Late season i like to see how far i can walk in a straight line without seeing deer tracks ,while playing one of my favorite late season games i ran into them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 12 man drives at Gman’s today. I first pushed for the first then watched on the second. Sweated my azz off pushing in the snow and hills. Nice to sit the second , not gonna lie. These guys know what they’re doing. My first large group drive and loved it. Saw maybe this one early that went up large hill and then possibly back down. Saw big doe at light speed but no shot. Someone took out his front legs and he was still moving fast . Another heart shot so 3 for 3 this year in that aspect.  Samantha n I going back in morning and hoping to get her on the gun. Button buck again.  Went from crappy year to great eating year fast. 

D9D9B71F-ACDF-4B1C-AA5A-E8AD351217E7.jpeg

• Like 32

2 12 man drives at Gman’s today. I first pushed for the first then watched on the second. Sweated my azz off pushing in the snow and hills. Nice to sit the second , not gonna lie. These guys know what they’re doing. My first large group drive and loved it. Saw maybe this one early that went up large hill and then possibly back down. Saw big doe at light speed but no shot. Someone took out his front legs and he was still moving fast . Another heart shot so 3 for 3 this year in that aspect.  Samantha n I going back in morning and hoping to get her on the gun. Button buck again.  Went from crappy year to great eating year fast. 
D9D9B71F-ACDF-4B1C-AA5A-E8AD351217E7.thumb.jpeg.a903fb704af749c8b08037daf0db66bd.jpeg

Almost looks like a shed spike?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What inspired you to follow tracks, and how did you know they could potentially end at deer?

78c03c60145665d8b9caa91af61150cf.jpg

I came upon these odd markings today in the woods....wasn’t sure what to do so I decided to turn around and head back the way I came. I wish I knew someone who could give me elite hunting advice in the fly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

78c03c60145665d8b9caa91af61150cf.jpg&key=4ae2ba51fd8007f62c320f0ec7d9a0f07180513bd867b9a5f8915ef494420136

I came upon these odd markings today in the woods....wasn’t sure what to do so I decided to turn around and head back the way I came. I wish I knew someone who could give me elite hunting advice in the fly.

Do you want to hunt where they've been, or where they are? I'll hang up and listen to your response.

• Like 3

Picked up some tracks at the back of the property and followed them til I eventually caught up with 4 doe , the biggest of the group offered the first shot so I took it . It wasnt as text book as we perfer and follow up shots were taken as I found her still alive . I didnt want to walk right up and head shot her for fear of her bolting so I sent a second shot that was sure to finish her but I still walked up and ended it as quick as I could.

IMG-20201219-WA0030.thumb.jpeg.cb02763984895a0af468846091f60444.jpeg

You forgot to mention my prediction, and no snow shoes used!

Picked up some tracks at the back of the property and followed them til I eventually caught up with 4 doe , the biggest of the group offered the first shot so I took it . It wasnt as text book as we perfer and follow up shots were taken as I found her still alive . I didnt want to walk right up and head shot her for fear of her bolting so I sent a second shot that was sure to finish her but I still walked up and ended it as quick as I could.
IMG-20201219-WA0030.thumb.jpeg.cb02763984895a0af468846091f60444.jpeg
Yummy backstraps! Congratulations!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Late season i like to see how far i can walk in a straight line without seeing deer tracks ,while playing one of my favorite late season games i ran into them. 
I did this in the morning. I noticed a rub that got hit over night... A big rub. I'll get a pic Monday when I go after this thing. I followed the tracks not to where it went but where it came from. I found 10 doe beds and found the spot where this buck started following these does. I'll stay out of there tomorrow, but I'll be back Monday when everyone is at work. I know the area a little bit

• Like 2

D9D9B71F-ACDF-4B1C-AA5A-E8AD351217E7.thumb.jpeg.a903fb704af749c8b08037daf0db66bd.jpeg
You both rock!

You’re having a great season! Congrats and good luck with Samantha tomorrow!

• Like 1

Yesterday afternoon at closing time I pulled my primer, lowered my gun with the haul rope then sat there for a couple minutes ruminating.   I turned to my right and a doe and fawn are walking out of the pines. They pass by at around 30 yards......completely safe.  

Next year things will could different with the proposed time changes.

• Like 5

Well, that puts a cap on the 2020 season for me. Not the most successful season I’ve ever had, but it was my first season hunting New York. I had a lot of fun, I learned a lot, and can even say that I killed a deer on my first hunt in New York with my bow kill. I appreciate all of the advice I’ve received on the forum, and am looking forward to next season. 

• Like 11

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic