Vaccination

Ok so should the government be able to tell me what I can and can’t bring on a plane? How about if I can smoke in a bar. Should they me able to tell I can’t shoot heroin ? It doesn’t hurt anyone but me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, evens the playing field, explosives excluded.

Absolutely, should be up to the bar owner.

Drugs, have at it! Great method of population control.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I have not heard of any deaths from the vaccine but I have heard of hundreds of thousands from Covid-19. 

To me that makes getting the vaccine a combination of simple math and common sense.  

Yet you are willing to put shit in your body that FDA can’t even put their stamp on saying that it’s safe.  You know there is a reason you can’t sue or hold anyone accountable if you grow another ear on your chin someday. Or Worse.                       And the fact now you will have to continue to get shots to protect you from something 98% of the people walk away from says it all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I'll never understand the mindset of a person in favor of more government control. 

So your not in favor of a well bolstered highly payed state police force that will keep law and order and form a wall between your family and people that would love to do them harm

3 hours ago, Chef said:

Ok so should the government be able to tell me what I can and can’t bring on a plane? How about if I can smoke in a bar. Should they me able to tell I can’t shoot heroin ? It doesn’t hurt anyone but me?

Man you are a dope. Smoking in a bar doesn’t affect anybody? Or what you bring on a plane?? Arguing with libtards is a complete waste of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

So your not in favor of a well bolstered highly payed state police force that will keep law and order and form a wall between your family and people that would love to do them harm

I think we need a police force ,we dont need to walk around and show papers saying we recieved some bullshit shot that only some of the population wants or even needs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I have not heard of any deaths from the vaccine but I have heard of hundreds of thousands from Covid-19. 

To me that makes getting the vaccine a combination of simple math and common sense.  

Common sense would mean that a vaccine would be tested before mass inoculations occurred, like they did with Polio.

We're supposedly going through the 4th or 5th strain of this man manipulated virus, in less than two years time.

The initial vaccine was tested on the 1st strain and they need guinea pigs to test it on the subsequent strains, so roll your sleeves up and get in line. 

It might or might not work, but hey, their telling you that you'll feel good for doing your part to save humanity.

In the beginning of the pandemic, I could see the need to go above and beyond the usual channels for saving lives, but now, after knowledge was gained on how to effectively treat and prevent covid with excellent results, not so much.

Simple math and common sense fall to the wayside when intentional panic is introduced into society.

The dog and pony show isn't working anymore, people are woke.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chef said:

What about my other statement about drugs, airport security, drinking age. All those things

Maybe your to young to remember drinking age at  18, then 19 then 21..  most European countries there are none. As for airlines and rail road they are given guidelines and they can make it more strict if they so choose. 

Health department can give guidelines , should be up to businesses if they want masks or no masks ,privately owned and if following laws for food prep they should be left alone.. mandates from.a governor are bs , this country was founded because of no representation in government mandates and it will be reformed again because of the same...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

So they're going to leave 150k plus jobs because of a shot

Any tips on where those 150k nurse jobs are ?

I just left a get together of 12 people 4 nurses 3 from Roch 1 from Virginia, they make 70k perhaps 80k with good OT . One is my daughter ,who also  was a nurse in NYC, at NY Presbyterian made a little more but cost of living was double , so really got screwed down there .

There’s such a shortage of nurses right now , it may be easy to leave a large system that requires the shot, and slide into some small office that doesn’t , that’s just a guess though .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I just left a get together of 12 people 4 nurses 3 from Roch 1 from Virginia, they make 70k perhaps 80k with good OT . One is my daughter ,who also  was a nurse in NYC, at NY Presbyterian made a little more but cost of living was double , so really got screwed down there .

There’s such a shortage of nurses right now , it may be easy to leave a large system that requires the shot, and slide into some small office that doesn’t , that’s just a guess though .

Pa doesn't,  I know a few that left.ny to work in PA. Especially if in driving range

Don't feel alone Jeremy K, I am over 50 and I have never flown. Just never came up in my life where I needed to.

I had covid and was never sick at all. All I experienced was really dry eyes. Like below zero and out snowblowing on a windy day dry. Cost me a couple weeks of work that was paid without using any of my time. My wife had a fever and shortness of breath for three days, but as soon as she started moving around more, her lungs cleared back up and her fever went away.

We were both exposed directly several times without catching it. Then, I caught it from my owner at work where we were wearing masks. Of course, then i gave it to my wife and her college age son. We just stayed the hell home like we were supposed to and got through it without it spreading to anyone else.

I am not a believer in the mask at all. It is just something to make people feel safer. I got the vaccine just so I no longer had to wear a mask at work. I do not care if people get the shot or not, and I do not know anyone else that cares about what other people do about the shot. I refuse to live my life scared of dying from a virus that nobody seems to be able to get a good line on yet.

I want to know why I didn't get sick at all, my wife got a little sick, and a guy on my bowling team almost died. All basically healthy and over 50.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, coonhunter said:

Don't feel alone Jeremy K, I am over 50 and I have never flown. Just never came up in my life where I needed to.

I had covid and was never sick at all. All I experienced was really dry eyes. Like below zero and out snowblowing on a windy day dry. Cost me a couple weeks of work that was paid without using any of my time. My wife had a fever and shortness of breath for three days, but as soon as she started moving around more, her lungs cleared back up and her fever went away.

We were both exposed directly several times without catching it. Then, I caught it from my owner at work where we were wearing masks. Of course, then i gave it to my wife and her college age son. We just stayed the hell home like we were supposed to and got through it without it spreading to anyone else.

I am not a believer in the mask at all. It is just something to make people feel safer. I got the vaccine just so I no longer had to wear a mask at work. I do not care if people get the shot or not, and I do not know anyone else that cares about what other people do about the shot. I refuse to live my life scared of dying from a virus that nobody seems to be able to get a good line on yet.

I want to know why I didn't get sick at all, my wife got a little sick, and a guy on my bowling team almost died. All basically healthy and over 50.

I'm with you guys. Over 50 and havnt flown yet.

I always say its because they won't let me drive. Ha.ha. I'm that guy that always drives if I'm in a vehicle..

It is funny how the virus affects people differently. It went through my gfs extended family. Cousins ,aunts uncles ,grandmother.  As a whole, they where the stereotypical fat American family. Not a one of them over 16 that doesn't weight at least 250#s.. Nobody was hospitalized. Including her 78 year old grandmother who is asthmatic and borderline diabetic. 

Flying was ok before 9/11/01 but has sucked since.  3 of the 4 I had to do this March were not too bad, with lots of open seats on the planes and quick service in the airports, thanks to low volume because of the pandemic.  

I am sure things are probably back to crazy full again on all flights and long security lines, etc..  Certainly not much fun, but better than driving long distances.  If you stretch your water and snack, you can go without a mask for almost the whole flight.  

53 minutes ago, coonhunter said:

Last year my wife and I were both sick before they were testing in this area . She had the most horrific cough I ever heard ,I had the hot eyes ,slight fever and chills . My doctor said we most likely had it but never confirmed with a test . My wife works at the college dealing with international students who just returned from china in late February. 

NYC doesn’t pay doctors/nurses as well as the The suburbs because it’s harder for them to find people and way easier for NYC. People move from around the world to nyc but less to suburbs. Last I knew it was $15K sign on bonus in suburbs of NYC for an RN willing to work the ER. I even posted an ad for it in classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

NYC doesn’t pay doctors/nurses as well as the The suburbs because it’s harder for them to find people and way easier for NYC. People move from around the world to nyc but less to suburbs. Last I knew it was $15K sign on bonus in suburbs of NYC for an RN willing to work the ER. I even posted an ad for it in classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They should pay that bonus and more . My daughters last apartment in Roch before she bought a house , was $600 a month. It was on the second floor of a house , with a porch , yard and off street parking , an easy ten minute drive to the hospital.

As they say it’s all relative.

• Like 1

The problem with government is, the people are supposed to be the one's who decide what it can and cannot do.  When people allow the government to tell the people what they can and cannot do, the government has too much control.

Yes we need police and regulations for certain things, but the people are supposed to decide those things, not allow unelected bureaucrats to make laws that oppress us.  Most of the laws affected the regular Joe are now being written by heads of government agencies that have no Constitutional authority to exist, let alone write laws.  The CDC is a perfect example of a bureaucracy abusing it's authority because Congress has delegated it's power to write laws to a bureaucracy.

Granting the government the power to decide how much more control of our lives it wants, is always a mistake.  The people are supposed to tell the government how much of our lives we are willing to allow it to control.  That's what your vote is supposed to be for.  You vote for people who understand this, or you vote for your own demise.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, G-Man said:

Well my brother had it and is making good money selling his plasma. So. Its not the flu but it isnt much worse.  Funny thing is my friend is pharmacist ad he siad the flu has dissappeared normally by now he would of sold. thousands of units of tamaflu  hasnt sold hardly any... 

is your brother still selling his plasma?