Vaccination

90 year old adjacent landowner got her second shot Tuesday and was down for the count Wednesday, but bounced right back. 50 year old co-worker got COVID this past weekend and is sicker than he's ever been, hoping to stay out of the hospital but not looking great.

It still appears that the cancellation hotline is your best way to move an appointment forward. A good friend was scheduled for late May, got it moved to April, and is now slated for his first dose on Tuesday. 

If for no other reason, pragmatism suggests that the vaccine is going to benefit travelers - we have a trip planned to Buzzard's Bay in June that would be a roll of the dice without everybody being vaccinated, as MA is imposing heavy fines to restrict visitors who don't quarantine.

Got my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine Wednesday. A little soreness at injection site & somewhat tired for a couple days. None of the other more, drastic reactions people are reporting. Everyone will have a different reaction to specific vaccines.

The wife and I just downloaded our Excelsior NYS vaccine passports. It was easy - there's an app that creates a wallet for your various documentation, just like Apple wallet for sporting tickets and the like. But the passport is apparently only good for 120 days. I don't know if they will automatically extend that as new information becomes available regarding the vaccine's long term efficacy, but I sure hope so.

Anyone in the buffalo area or if willing to travel a bit ecc has a bunch of openings for vaccinations this weekend. 

Headed to ECC North in about an hour. Both my wife and I got an appointment yesterday late afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Will be interesting how soon the boosters come out. The current vaccines will likely be outdated very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you Debbie Downer.........does the sun ever shine in your world?!?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, phade said:

I got Moderna first shot yesterday.

Have had a headache that was a little rough and shoulder soreness. Starting to feel a little better now.

It's been ten days since I got my first Moderna shot and have been getting quite a few headaches.  Now I don't know if it's something from the shot or some very stressful things going on in my life I'd rather not speak of right now. (nothing health, family or work related)

Brutal headaches.......

• Confused 1

It's been ten days since I got my first Moderna shot and have been getting quite a few headaches.  Now I don't know if it's something from the shot or some very stressful things going on in my life I'd rather not speak of right now. (nothing health, family or work related)
Brutal headaches.......

I had a annoying odd headache that lasted for about a week after my first Pfizer shot.. more from tension in the neck than anything. It slowly went away

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

I had a annoying odd headache that lasted for about a week after my first Pfizer shot.. more from tension in the neck than anything. It slowly went away

Neck too for me.....

Man, I'm hoping that all these variants that are popping up aren't a sign of things to come - once we stop being human incubators for viral mutagenesis, maybe the pace will slow down. Got to think positive. Except Biz. He can be the "realist" for us lol.

I am going to wait until I have the option to choose the Johnson & Johnson single shot vaccine.   My reasons are: 1) Less time wasted, 2) Less chance of headache/neck pain.  3) Less concern about improper refrigeration/storage.     

-Maybe the side-effects some have complained about result from improper storage.    

• Like 1

Forty-seven states say anyone 16 or older will be eligible to get a vaccine by May 1. New York, Arkansas and Wyoming have yet to commit.

Who’s worse than Cuomo? He can’t get anything done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Who’s worse than Cuomo? He can’t get anything done

He's probably busy preparing a legal defense to all the touching accusations. 

Edited by E J
  • Like 1

Need a negative test on sept 28 to go on a hunting trip and another in mid October to come home. Getting home I dont really care about, you got to go first.

I think I should wait til July and see if new variants start to be covered. 

• Like 3

Those of us holding out will be better off I believe.  If anything they will have it better worked out. 

Agree 100% unless you’re super high risk right now.

• Haha 1