LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

Well this guy got a pass
5c78eadcf628541eae2a6a63fde4de05.jpg

Sorry for those who picked me in Rob’s forum fantasy league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna have to start referring to you as a horn hunter and not a meat hunter!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But If the wind was right and buck was focused on does, I bet TF could have taken his boots and walked in socks or crawled to 80yds for a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He was mingling for sure. Field is in neighboring property posted up solid. I’m skirting the line as is. I’m pretty sure he was there the time I saw him before. Was headed that way. Saw bunch of bodies but couldn’t see real well. 

• Like 1

Gonna have to start referring to you as a horn hunter and not a meat hunter!

Haha..no shot! I was hunting the management program that needs does killed more than bucks. Bucks actually don’t count. I see more spikes there than anything. My text with the program manager:
f64c1264cda6e744728cdd297f47a2fe.jpg

• Like 3

Haha..no shot! I was hunting the management program that needs does killed more than bucks. Bucks actually don’t count. I see more spikes there than anything. My text with the program manager:

I bet If that spike had 4-6 more tines you would have shot!

Sounds like a great opportunity for a trophy spike!

Today was a bust. Radar showed rain from Saturday night until 4ish Sunday morning, then a break until 10ish when the rain would resume. Stupid me believed it so was in the stand by 6. Walked in in the rain and told myself 'it's ok, it'll let up'.. 2 hours later and it poured the entire time. Down by 9. No deer seen. On the way home the sun came out and the rest of the day was decent. Ended up apple picking with the kids.

• Like 2

Solid evening. Saw a nice up and comer and my buddy hunting across the street had a buck parade. One of them is a deer we have history with and think is 5. I didn’t see him at all last year and thought he was dead so glad to be able to chase him again. It’s getting warmer but bucks still aren’t too riled up. Lots of scrapes but not much interest in does from the 3+ year olds. Hopefully another week or so

I’d like to go after the 5 year old tomorrow if I can, but not sure if I’ll be able to with work. If not probably won’t be out until the weekend

• Like 1

I bet If that spike had 4-6 more tines you would have shot!

Absolutely…and if it was the chocolate rack 8 from your prop down the road I would for sure take him!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buck down .

hit him with my Chevy truck on the way here ….

Saw him running through yards on the other side of the road , I braked just in case then he committed to crossing the road wtf .Braked more moved over , BAM! 

He hit driver side fender / front , slide up the A post over the cab and would have landed in the bed, but there’s a locking metal cover he landed on!

I pull in a driveway grab  flashlight , no buck ,gone . Only damage is driver side mirror and bed cover is pushed in , in one corner .

On stand seeking revenge on all deer !!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

Is it still as a Wolc special even if I didn’t harvest the oysters or take a chest girth measurement??? 

First deer from the new climber.  Setting up in the acorns within range of the field edge worked out last night.    And the best part… I skipped this mornings hunt and slept in!  Sorry @Lomax!  

7CAC1925-FE30-4013-8DC8-D603E7ED3569.jpeg

92A894DB-12E1-4F9C-8D95-6893D7C91519.jpeg

271A7785-DCDA-432C-8E19-6D1D64E6238B.jpeg

EACF59B0-640D-4632-BD15-FA8504741E37.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Is it still as a Wolc special even if I didn’t harvest the oysters or take a chest girth measurement??? 

First deer from the new climber.  Setting up in the acorns within range of the field edge worked out last night.    And the best part… I skipped this mornings hunt and slept in!  Sorry @Lomax!  

congrats!  Nice meat! 

this has got me fired up. Need to be in a tree!  

• Like 1

Last 15 minutes of stand time last night was a big ramp up in activity. This spot had about 5-6 acres of thick bedding brush hogged that bordered us this off season and we suspected a decrease in daylight visits to the food source was due to bedding being done further away. 

I had a 2 year old come by at 10 yards inside the timber and my partner had what appeared to be a good buck working a scrape on the other side of a brush line only 30 yard away from him. Wind switch with a single gust and he got scented.

One of our shooters however, did give up a tell, as my partner saw him across the field only 75 yards from me, but I couldn't see the buck due to the lay of the field edge. Where the buck entered the field confirmed he is bedding in a hedge row that is about 20 yards wide and close to some houses. Thankfully we have a prehung near there that I am going to try to sit tonight with perfect wind and access. His field entry was about 45 yards away so I'll need to be ready.

New 2 and 3 yr old bucks are showing up on cams in past 48 hours in nearly every property we hunt. Signs of the times. Still at dark, but they seem to be moving a bit more.

Edited by phade
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, phade said:

Last 15 minutes of stand time last night was a big ramp up in activity. This spot had about 5-6 acres of thick bedding brush hogged that bordered us this off season and we suspected a decrease in daylight visits to the food source was due to bedding being done further away. 

I had a 2 year old come by at 10 yards inside the timber and my partner had what appeared to be a good buck working a scrape on the other side of a brush line only 30 yard away from him. Wind switch with a single gust and he got scented.

One of our shooters however, did give up a tell, as my partner saw him across the field only 75 yards from me, but I couldn't see the buck due to the lay of the field edge. Where the buck entered the field confirmed he is bedding in a hedge row that is about 20 yards wide and close to some houses. Thankfully we have a prehung near there that I am going to try to sit tonight with perfect wind and access. His field entry was about 45 yards away so I'll need to be ready.

New 2 and 3 yr old bucks are showing up on cams in past 48 hours in nearly every property we hunt. Signs of the times. Still at dark, but they seem to be moving a bit more.

Chess Match!

1 hour ago, johnplav said:

Congrats good practice for the big buck your gonna bag this week.  Yup out of the bullpen on the mound it’s the big show now.