Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Oh baby the morning of the eight looks good. But wait I choose to get married October 8th what a ****ing idiot I am. 

Headed to stateland for the first time tomorrow evening. It's suppose to rain but apparently that's the early theme of my hunting season. 

On a side note just from driving the area I think it's going to be a banner year for hunting. Lots of deer out

Screenshot_20221004-191208_The Weather Channel.jpg

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.  

And a little advice, don't let your wife to be read your post about being a ****ing idiot.. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Rob

My honest advice is to hunt when you are motivated to do so and don’t feel at all bad when you don’t.  This should not be an obligation or chore.  I only hunted a few times last year and initially felt bad as I should kill my one or two bucks. Then I realized how silly that was.  Didn’t shoot a deer last years after many years of 3-7 deer a season and usually a good buck or two.  Guess what, it made no difference. Now I feel a bit more motivated and even scheduled a rutcation.   Point is, hunt when you want and don’t feel bad when you don’t feel like it.   It’s a freakin hobby that should be fun not a burden.  

Well said!!!!have the same type of motivation this year,every other year I would go nuts.Contemplated going out yesterday after work but thought about it and told myself not to burn myself out.dont need the hassle of tracking when i have to work the next morning(never know,it is hunting)...the best is yet to come.will be out there atleast 1 day every weekend.as you said,it's a hobby not a burden

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Oh baby the morning of the eight looks good. But wait I choose to get married October 8th what a ****ing idiot I am. 

I got you beat,  Nov 4Th ! 
But I didn’t start bow hunting till the following  year ……

I generally hunt every Nov 4Th now , turns out to be one of my best days afield .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mowin said:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.  

And a little advice, don't let your wife to be read your post about being a ****ing idiot.. lol.

How dare you make that assumption! We have known each other since 14 years old, she knows I'm an idiot!

This hooded monster doesn't control me.

20221004_203710.jpg

Edited by corydd7
  • Haha 1

Reminder tonight of my hatred of squirrels. Quite a racket all around me, but then some good twig snapping action south of me that was a deer for sure using a well traveled run that goes by another stand. One I save for the rut. Anyhow as this is happening and I’m watching intently, I hear what I think is squirrel commotion to the north east and finally take a peak to see a nice shooter buck slowly moving through some real thick stuff about 50 yards from me. I waited to see if he’s turn and when he didn’t I tried some grunts. A minute went by and I tried the Hail Mary rattle. I know it’s early but I’ve seen some smaller bucks soaring on cam so who knows. Not a bad sit for a weeknight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Belo said:

Reminder tonight of my hatred of squirrels. Quite a racket all around me, but then some good twig snapping action south of me that was a deer for sure using a well traveled run that goes by another stand. One I save for the rut. Anyhow as this is happening and I’m watching intently, I hear what I think is squirrel commotion to the north east and finally take a peak to see a nice shooter buck slowly moving through some real thick stuff about 50 yards from me. I waited to see if he’s turn and when he didn’t I tried some grunts. A minute went by and I tried the Hail Mary rattle. I know it’s early but I’ve seen some smaller bucks soaring on cam so who knows. Not a bad sit for a weeknight.

Watched nice buck for awhile feeding. Pretty much knowing he wasn’t gonna come my way. I too tried tickling the rattle bag , he looked but didn’t seem interested. Also hit grunt tube and no response. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Watched nice buck for awhile feeding. Pretty much knowing he wasn’t gonna come my way. I too tried tickling the rattle bag , he looked but didn’t seem interested. Also hit grunt tube and no response. 

Should of stalked it....

• Like 2

Pouring rain on my way down here, just a drizzle here though. I’m gonna walk in a little bit later as my cams have movement around 8 and I don’t feel like getting rained on waiting on the sun. Two hard blinds within 150 yards if it gets bad out. 

• Like 2

In and up. Got in well before light to a close, "unobtrusive " stand. Deer 20 feet from stand. Blowing all over after it spooked. It went down towards the houses 300+ yards away and 16 minutes later started blowing like heck over there. Still pitch black out.
Great start!!!

16 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

He’s a dandy!! Have you had him on cam before?

Yes many times. Wind was wrong last weekend. Got home 130 am up at 530 in stand at 630 shot at 715... hanging in barn ..going back to bed.

• Like 14