Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

So i got home from work at 130 am  was gorgeous out stars calm and spotty frost . Got to bed at 2 . Woke up 530. Perfect out   hiked back  over county line about a mile amd was in stand at 630..  at 7 there was movement behind me..its very thick and i could only see flashes of deer.  At 715 i heard an appe being crunched in front o stand  ..there it was 15 yard walking away.     Dropped it with shot at base of neck between shoulder blades..  nice simple retrieve when i walked back to get tractor and  my knife... i never take a knife.. superstitious.  Plus  i habe to get vehicle to retrieve it so i just get one then..  have 4 weeks off end of month and beginning of nov.. guess camp cook and turkey / bear hunting will be my niche...

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

First time I can remember not waking up to any pictures from the over night ,hopefully it means good daytime movement today.

I don't know the official term, but I did notice a nearly full moon on my way out last night. That's never good for evening action in my book, even with cooler temps. Sure enough cams were popping around 10pm and again 4am. 

32 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

@robhuntandfish.....no pickum this year..or did I miss it??

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I’m guessing the work was to much . Perhaps we could come up with a simple one, starting like on Oct 15 or so ? Like one where we each pick a set number of hunters we retain for the season ? 

I’ll start a thread in general chit chat 

Set this cam Sunday midday. I believe this buck is one I got photos of beginning in late January. No prior photos or appearances. Didn’t think too much of the potential because I expected he was only using our ground in post-season. Zero preseason or velvet photos. Now, whammabammadingdong.

ABA07389-BB2D-4CC2-B629-7774BB7A94E4.jpeg

• Like 15

1 minute ago, phade said:

Set this cam Sunday midday. I believe this buck is one I got photos of beginning in late January. No prior photos or appearances. Didn’t think too much of the potential because I expected he was only using our ground in post-season. Zero preseason or velvet photos. Now, whammabammadingdong.

What a horse!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, phade said:

sweet baby jesus. morning wood

• Like 1

[mention=8575]robhuntandfish[/mention].....no pickum this year..or did I miss it??

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I was planning to do it again, but things came up before season that I figure I wasn't likely to have the time this year. Sorry. Hopefully next year.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, phade said:

He seems to have a thyroid problem.  Big boy there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Woke at 4:45 to driving rain...back to bed. Back up at 6:00 and decided to give it a go. On the walk in I had a stare down with two doe who had to walk passed the tree I should have been in! Moved a little"lower" I I was planning to only have another doe pass by "my tree" as I was climbing about 75 yards away. Did have another doe skirt by at 40 or so but never gave me a chance.
Rain picked up for real again around 10:00 and bagged it.
They are there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Belo said:

I don't know the official term, but I did notice a nearly full moon on my way out last night. That's never good for evening action in my book, even with cooler temps. Sure enough cams were popping around 10pm and again 4am. 

I never see deer after full or nearly full moons.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1