bow hunters vs other hunters

stubby68

Why do bow hunters do so much complaining about other forms of hunting?Every place I look they are against the youth hunt because of when it held.They are against crossbow in there their season they want their season longer and gun shorter.I use to bow hunt stopped when mor people started bow hunting because all the crying started.Bow hunters want people to think it is hard takes alot of work.It is easy that time of year deer are extra dumb I hunted with a bow no chalange.Never needed more then 1 week to tage out.Isnt the thing to do when hunting is to try for a quick clean kill.A Bow gives you 100% chance of tracking no matter how good your shot.Now the deer is running with stick in it bleeding and suffering and mabey get lost.Not saying gun is !00% but you can make a good shot kills deer and drops in tracks no running suffering or loseing.I am not against bow but why are bow hunters against everything outside of there own world,

If giving a choice between gun or bow, hands down BOW. If bow season is as easy as you say, than gun season should be banned!! Its a big difference between a 30yrd bow shot and a 30yr gun shot. Last I checked a ton of deer get wounded during gun season.

Youth hunt, give them machine guns, I don't care!!

Crossbow, have at it!!

• Like 2

Bow hunting takes skill, your kind of "hunting" takes an orange coat and some trespassing?

Perhaps its because we have been dumped on by the DEC that doesn't do their job beyond selling folks like you more licenses

Proof reading your post will help you get your point across.

Do a little research on gun season lengths in some of the "best states" and you'll find them much shorter than NY. To the rest of your post, there's some very valid and true points. Bow hunters are usually the most passionate about deer hunting because the amount of time and effort it takes. We know plenty of gun hunters who just hunt a weekend or 2 and that's just fine. But I believe within any group of people you will find the most passionate members "pushing"and promoting it and unfortunately an elitist mentality forms and we end up putting down others. Look at serious golfers putting down the guys drinking and slicing into the woods, computer gamers putting down console players, the guy with the $4k road bike putting down the trek. Harley's vs Yamaha, Muscle vs rice etc. the list goes on and it's not unique to hunters. The group as a whole in any category will need to stay together against those apposed. Think of motorcycle riders as a group. Many legislation and people against them, and together they can unite to support their cause but within, its sport bikes verses cruisers and manufacturers within groups. And this is even more true with hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Belo
  • Like 3

Maybe because we think Bowhunting  is the purest form of hunting as it was when Indians and such had to get close to their quarry to kill it. It went from hand tools to spears and then the Bow and arrow. I like it because its the most challenging hunting, where you need to do more to get inside the animals "comfort zone" to earn a shot. I don't like the animal suffering part, but I also know that if I put in the time to practice, I will make an ethical shot which I owe to the animal.

• Like 1

Love the youth hunt, when my kids get that age they will take part for sure.

I have a right to complain if I choose... and personally I don't see deer as simple dumb animals,

what hunter wouldn't want a longer season. hell if I could hunt ever other weekend for the entire year I would.

recurve in my opinion the hardest to hunt with. first time I shot a rifle I was knocking targets down with no problem after setting up my equipment.first time I shot a recurve I couldn't hit crap

crossbow are fine but to me they are one step below a rifle so stick im in their own week like they did and im happy.

as far as hunting with a bow you don't sound like you did it much. and if you did i bet you were one of those guys who go out in huge groups with compounds walking around pushing deer hoping to get a shot on a running deer.

Edited by Vince1

Why do bow hunters do so much complaining about other forms of hunting?Every place I look they are against the youth hunt because of when it held.They are against crossbow in there their season they want their season longer and gun shorter.I use to bow hunt stopped when mor people started bow hunting because all the crying started.Bow hunters want people to think it is hard takes alot of work.It is easy that time of year deer are extra dumb I hunted with a bow no chalange.Never needed more then 1 week to tage out.Isnt the thing to do when hunting is to try for a quick clean kill.A Bow gives you 100% chance of tracking no matter how good your shot.Now the deer is running with stick in it bleeding and suffering and mabey get lost.Not saying gun is !00% but you can make a good shot kills deer and drops in tracks no running suffering or loseing.I am not against bow but why are bow hunters against everything outside of there own world,

What can I add that has not already been said? The post is just an ignorant piece of nonsense that complains about one segment of hunters complaining about others and then proceeds to whine and whimper and complain about bowhunting and  bowhunters. Pretty much wins the prize for dumbest post of the year......lol. Sorry to be so blunt ....... No I'm not!

• Like 1

Look guy there’s only about 10 or 15% of bow hunters that think that way; most of us hunt bow, gun and muzzle loader. To the guy that thinks bow hunting is the purest form of hunting because it’s the way the Indians did “come on!!” Unless you use a longbow with a gut string nap your own heads out of flint make your own wooden arrows track and stalk the deer you are going to kill then you are hunting nothing like the Indians did. You use the best equipment you can buy and sit 20 feet in a tree. Just like I do. so don’t make yourself out to be better than the guy at the start of this thread.

• Like 1

I think generalizing the bowhunting population is unfair, as it would be to throw gun hunters in.  I can't say that deer get wounded more with a bow than a gun.  that's coming from me hunting in both a rifle zone and bow only zone.  I understand where you're coming from in saying the deer are less pressured and wary during bow season but you're absolutely wrong saying bowhunting isn't a challenge.  especially so if you compare it to gun hunting.  most of my gun kills have been close enough they could've been done with muzzleloader, shotgun, or rifle.  there's more movement and the coverage AREA is insanely less with a bow when compared to even a shotgun.  it's all a personal choice, and no matter what weapon we use to take game we use it with skill, discipline, and respect for the pursued game period. 

Despite we need to be true to ourselves in realizing the challenges with each weapon vary, to not humbly respect another hunters choice would disrespectful and bad for the American tradition we all love.

• Larry,  I really don't know how you came up with that opinion based on what I said. Of course we use modern equipment now, As I said...follow along now...starts with hand tools, then spears, then bow and arrow...and now.....Compound bows. Where does it say Im any better than him. Personally Id rather close the distance between me and deer with brains and skill, not making up the distance with a bullet.

That being said, yes I also muzzy and gun hunt just as the other guy said.

LMAO!! :lol:

Try getting out of your tree stand and hunting them.  You might see it is much harder.  Bow hunting is NO challenge, LOL.

So gun hunters never wound a deer?  That is a good one.  And bow hunters always hit the deer and have a blood trail? 

You sound very young or at least inexperienced. 

I can not blame some of the complaints when bow season seams to be the one that always gets trampled on.  You would know this if you where informed better and then this would not be one of your opening post.

We all get upset at certain things, this apparently upset you.  Hunters, as you will see if you read enough of our post, are a stubborn bunch and we like to tell everyone how we are right.  Traditional are better than compound, compound better than crossbow, and the lowly gun lol.  Tree stand vs stalking, public vs private etc. 

If we were not so passionate this site would have shut down a long time ago!  O yea I am right and your wrong so HA.  LOL just needed to add that.  Come on back and join the discussion or chime in on other posts, its fun! 

I'm going to charm in, I hunt both the bow season and the gun season here in NY.  I would like to say bow season to me is a challenge that presents many challenges within it self.  Bow hunting takes dedication, confidence, skill and much more if you ask me.  Everything matters in bow from scent to the way you move yourself in either a tree stand or on the ground.  Deer are smart creatures that we hunt, so being "dumb" is not the proper word to be used.  They are smart in both seasons if you ask me.  I take many weeks to prepare for bow season to be confident when i want to harvest the deer.  However, with gun to me its just walk in opening morning sit in the right area and bam you can fill your tags in asitting (a little execration).  This is all just my personal opinion too.