Job's/profession's

Dom

Coat checker, Dishwasher x 2 yrs, USMC x 7 yrs, Perishables warehouse selector x 1 yr, Comm College student x 2 yrs, Respiratory Therapist ( staff and management in hospitals and homecare) x 27 yrs. Currently working for the VA and love it ! Oh, fired x 1 , best thing that ever happened to me !

Edited by JimR

A whopping two jobs for me - bouncer at many bars/nightclubs starting in high school and through college and now a commercial litigator.  Guess I have always been paid to fight, one way or the other.  lol

I did cut lawns when I was young, so maybe that's 3 jobs.

Had several jobs in School from a Boy Scout Camp Counselor, working on a Dairy Farm, Factory assembly work to selling hickory Farms. My professional career stated as a Construction Surveyor and worked my way up to Foreman and Superintendent for a couple large General Construction firms. (only worked for two companies over the last 28 years)  I have run the estimation department in one of them for 4 years, bidding a billion dollars of work a year. I have been a project manager and now am in charge of all the company, also with HR responsibilities.  And I do pretty fair on some side home renovation work.  

I've often wondered about what type of retirement plans the folks who bounce from job to job their entire lives have in place.....pension, 401k, just rely on Social Security or just work until they die?.........I don't expect anyone to answer because it's none of my business, but just something I've thought about....and really something everyone should think about early on in life.

• Like 1

lets see here

Early teens I ran an am and pm paper routes, mowed 3 or 4 neighbors lawns and assisted the upholstery shop in the neighborhood. Mid teens - all of that as well as spent a summer sealing driveways(that sucked). Late teens- 20's I pumped gas, worked at McDonald's, was a pizza maker, ran the desk at a Howard Johnsons, worked at a bowling alley and learned to repair Brunswick equipment, tended bar and a machine operator. Always had two jobs plus a couple years of college.

The Machine Operator job turned into a Lead then a Crew Chief then a Regional Manager to Operations Manager which I do now. I manage over 30 manufacturing facilities in the eastern half of the country. I work from home in my t-shirt, shorts and bare feet 90% of the time. This allows me to walk out the back door and hunt before and after work most of the season.

• Like 1

Did laboring for a framing crew then switched to restaurants during college as I went for Culinary arts. Worked a few of those places while moving up through the ranks (quickly). About ten years ago I started with my current company managing food service and house keeping and now I run the show for a smallish sized hospital doing the same. Never a dull moment and constantly busy and I love it.

Did laboring for a framing crew then switched to restaurants during college as I went for Culinary arts. Worked a few of those places while moving up through the ranks (quickly). About ten years ago I started with my current company managing food service and house keeping and now I run the show for a smallish sized hospital doing the same. Never a dull moment and constantly busy and I love it.

Doewacker studied culinary and is now in charge of that yummy hospital food.    "Note to self, never accept an invite from Doe involving food"  LOL

• Like 1

started when I was 13 helping to build Tan Tara CC also worked at Creekside Golf Course and Lanes. both were owned by the same people. worked there off and on for 19 years, on the courses and behind the alleys., then as a paint maker/maintenance supervisor at Bisonite paint co. worked at National Grinding Wheel as a large lathe operator and ran lathe at a couple of small machine shops. Next at Morrison Knudsen (now Alstom) in Hornell for six years as mechanic/QC. Next, on to Arkansas where I ran 4 chicken houses for about 2 years, with about 10,000 chickens in each house. Then for Xpress Boat Co. building bass boats, jon boats, trailers, ect as plasma torch operator/ maintenance supervisor. Back to WNY to Grand Island Linerless and now at CCL, rotoflex operator/shipping and receiving at both. also was a lab tech for CCL testing the finished product. currently material handler at CCL. many other jobs at restaurants, farms, and as a mechanic at places such as Colonial Ford and U-Haul. and the list could go on if I had more time.