Arrows

ATbuckhunter

Carbon express maxima hunter 350's... Stiffer heavier arrow with great penetration at 305 + feet per second on the chrono with 70 lbs at 30 in draw .... Tried lighter arrows n can't get the same accuracy or flat shooting like these cause my arrows are so long ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Beman ICS hunter here also. With 100 gr NAP fixed BH. Thinking about

changing over to 100 gr Slicktricks.

Although I have been getting pass throughs and good results with this set up.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

ICS Hunter  Pro 8.1, I like the extra speed for target and I do not see much difference when shooting a heavier arrow in so far as penetration. 

Remember a faster arrow that is slightly lighter will get about the same penetration vs a slower heavier arrow.  The extra weight on a arrow does not always mean better penetration  due to the fact that it moves slower. 

I get about 8 inches of penetration with a 400 or a 340 and both are a pain to pull from foam targets.  I know many will tell me I am wrong and a heavy arrow = better penetration but from the bow I shoot the difference is negligible and a faster arrow will reach the deer quicker to help w/string jump if possible!

Mathews Helium 28.5 at 65 lbs maxed out. about 278fps. 

Easton Injexion 330's . Has over 50% more kinetic power on impact then other Cabons out there. Is the safest, smallest, lightest and most powerful Aaron I could find that can handle the power of today's bow. Mine (320 fps, 70 lb draw )

They are so thin it needs a deep 6 penetration insert for broad heads, not what is sold at local shops. All special order broad heads, I use the Rage Hypodermic . Have had a full pass through every shot and have seen every kill fall in sight of my stand .

11/32" parallel Port Orford cedar, 420-430gr raw shaft weight, 60-65# spine, 3 fletch  5 1/2" burned shield, LW helical, file sharpened 125gr Bear Razorhead.

Those are Soooo beautiful!!  I have to use carbon now as it is getting harder and harder to find quality Port Orford cedar in the lower spine ranges.

As G. Fred told me, shoot straight arrows!!  Hope you have a great season with these!

Archery001.jpg

Archery004.jpg