Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

3N: Buck down! I told my Dad last night to try sitting in my Blind where I killed my xbow buck last year. Below is the text exchanges. I assume he saw the resident 3pt I kept seeing but now he’s broken 1 side. Then later he shot a big 4 or 5pt. I’m betting it’s a 5pt I’ve had pics of all summer and fall. This is his first xbow deer. Probably won’t have pics till later since he only had flip phone. Unfortunately, I’m at work so can’t help my dad and he’s got a big haul ahead of himself. My blind is just over 1/2 mile downhill from car so he’s got that same 1/2 mile all uphill. Anyway, I’m pumped for him!

4390c8e90f606b6d987e9e5d3864b645.jpg&key=03fee6de5a9a11f8c54af8ad70ac091029385f682c06d60d7d0afee76a3a694c

cda10865ccb4b9621e22318b1e6097cf.jpg&key=a647776841c9fd3c868f5c9b2978939b61f6cf1931ab6fd32af360442dfb2fea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll get better pics when I see my Dad tomorrow, but here’s 1 he sent me from his flip phone. Big 4pt from same Blind I shot my big 4pt last year. Both Excalibur xbow kills.

1b8312e10f0f8e63b3ea4aee489f5b8c.jpg

• Like 34

I'm living vicariously through you guys until I'm off work on Saturday!

I have a 90 minute one way commute to work down the southern tier X-way, and then up past Ithaca. I saw more bucks on the way in this morning in the frosty fields than I have all year.

Loners, with does, running in front of the car, standing beside the shoulder of the road, including an absolute giant of a buck just north of Ithaca.

They're moving!!

Good luck to everybody today, hope to see lots of deer in the harvest thread.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 2

At work now, saw a small spike on a trotting mission at 8:20.  Glad to be seeing deer.

Haven't been mentioning this due to fear of jinxing myself, but last year I had a pic of a BIG buck, bever saw him, but he was shearing saplings right off from rubbing.  Well I saw him last friday from the stand, was at full draw waiting for another step or two.  I saw him last night too, but this time about 40 yards behind me.  Keeping fingers crossed.

• Like 3

I’ll get better pics when I see my Dad tomorrow, but here’s 1 he sent me from his flip phone. Big 4pt from same Blind I shot my big 4pt last year. Both Excalibur xbow kills.

1b8312e10f0f8e63b3ea4aee489f5b8c.jpg&key=32967ff04f228571f465bbd50aa7a1fa0419f00e0ed99140160746138af1b47a

So finally talked to my Dad. Got full story. After he passed the bow broken 3pt. This 4pt came up over the hill 25 yds away. He stopped him and put one right thru the base of the neck and the buck dropped in his tracks. I have zero pics of this buck. Pretty rare for us to see a buck that we don’t have pics of all summer/fall so that’s cool. Looks like back to back years of 2.5 y/o 4pts for me and my dad from my same Blind.

70e0c0af1580be59b2a5ce3b6a9ab18a.jpg

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1b8312e10f0f8e63b3ea4aee489f5b8c.jpg

Congrats to your dad, Biz!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Had to slam on my breaks in the town of webster this morning. My release and headlamp resting on the center console went flying. I think I came within feet of hitting the doe who ran out. Wouldn’t have been good for the new truck.

In Sullivan county, they wait for me to drive by then attack, in the middle of the day!

IMG_6899.PNG

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

ANTLERS,

Glad im not the only one.  I drive Oakland Valley, and Forestburgh road daily, at 6am, and 4pm, and its all or nothing it seems with deer running.  I actually laughed at that pic because its so typical, and to the point you even got a perfect pic haha.

34 minutes ago, Bionic said:

ANTLERS,

Glad im not the only one.  I drive Oakland Valley, and Forestburgh road daily, at 6am, and 4pm, and its all or nothing it seems with deer running.  I actually laughed at that pic because its so typical, and to the point you even got a perfect pic haha.

I took that pic on Sunday, I have property in Lake Huntington, they were all over the place, rain didn't slow them down.

• Like 1

2.5 hours just beautiful morning saw zip. I thought I bumped one coming out. I imagine it was this guy. I guess I should be glad I was not in the tower stand he might of got a bolt through him! Tempting he looks plump lol
eb4798cafa3ce6b80cc8f32c154a9d12.jpg

• Like 3

Since they were showing signs of rut yesterday , and with the temps I had high hopes for this morning ....Wrong . Weirdest season in 30 years on this spot .

Washing hunting clothes, and car, getting boat ready for storage , and starting a night trick , be back at it Sat , heck I might even bring a doe tag . 

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

Heading out in a bit, had to stay and and supervise this idiot of a contractor who was touching up work at my hunting camp.... if I showed you guys the tile work you would crap yourselves.... I may have to sue him

• Like 2