Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

15 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I tell everyone it's 88, I honestly have no idea but with it being 88 I miss the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's around 85...

If you grew up without Sesame Street baby boomer. Also atari was the beginning and end for video gaming in this bracket.

If you were taught valuable life lessons by the humans and fun muppets of Sesame Street you are gen x. We are also the masters of any iteration of video game if we have the time. 

If Elmo the Awful was on Sesame Street when you were a kid you are a millennial. Same goes if you don't know how to play pitfall on Atari 2600.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

I have off from Nov. 2-13 and it has always been a solid time, but the weather is not cooperating this year for sure.  Good luck in Nebraska.  Sounds fun!

Yep that's when I like to take off as well. Like you said, usually a great time weather wise but this year sure has thrown us for a loop. Monsoon rains all spring, drought the last few months of summer into fall, and way above average temps. Makes me wonder what kind of winter we will have.
And thank you, we will be having a grand ok time no matter what we harvest. 14 days of hunting out of state is fun enough all in itself. But I'll be happy when I come home to hunt over the food plots I spent so much time this summer working on. Hopefully by that time the weather turns cold and the rut will be in full swing by then

Well throat is now all dry and scratchy..Ricolas are not cutting it and sinus headache returned ...so...crockpot chicken soup is prepared and simmering, laundry done and arrows flung. I didn't like the fact that arrow flew short...not at that range...heck I'm better at 20-25 then 15-10 ..don't ask, don't know , just is. So I shoot low again and again. Double checked everything  held at full draw awhile thinking on it,  then shot...I had been dropping my arm at the shot and my trigger is touchy...I mean barely touch it...and I felt like I was over doing it...re adjusted and there ya go back on point...my bad, I hadn't shot for a few days and that will teach me!

It looks like rain but I have a favorite buck stand I want to try some calling at..haven't been in it yet this year...If the wind is right when I hit the road. if not it's to where I shot my first doe last year...Good Luck

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

If you think the world owes you, real competition is bad as everyone is a winner, don't like to work very hard, and cant do the simplest of home improvement tasks, you just may be a millennial.  Kidding, kind of. 

Being a millennial, i would have to agree with this statement.  Going through a masters program for architecture exposed me to the true millennial's you talk about.  I was the only student in my class with any background in construction at all.  I framed custom homes for 6 years while in school and i can count on one hand how many students in my architecture class of 65 have touched a hammer let alone what to do with it.  Pretty sad.  Oh and i actually start my job at 6:30 am everyday.  Get in early to get out for an extra half hour in the stand.  

• Like 3

Morning started off swell. Light breeze and sunny. Just before legal light my 2 pointer (former 4 pointer) came by and into the neighbors. 40 minutes later he was chasing the ladies around the neighbors but never brought 'em my way. At 9 the smallest 2 spike Buck I have ever seen came right past, 5 yards. He winded me when he got downwind but doubled back and came right in front of me again. After this the winds whipped up and I sat till 10:45. I decided to take a detour on the way back in for eggs and coffee. I found a series of fresh scrapes and a bunch of new, good sized rubs along a trail I have not hunted for several years. I decided to move a stand closer to the an enormous scrape that looks to be getting some frequent use in this area. After eggs and coffee I am going to sit till dark and hope to see who has been tearing up this corner of woods. Might be a half decent 8 I have on camera from weeks ago. Hopefully its something bigger tho. I am off to Adirondack camp this weekend so I may not have many more Bow opportunities after today.

Today is the day

• Like 2

I saw a 4 point this morning.  He came through just before 8:00, he knew something was up, as he didnt come much closer than 20 yards, and decided to turn and head another direction.  He had his nose to the ground quite a bit...he was on the prowl for does.  Nothing else to report.

35 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have off from Nov. 2-13 and it has always been a solid time, but the weather is not cooperating this year for sure.  Good luck in Nebraska.  Sounds fun!

I'm off now till Nov 9th , when I go, back in for three nights , we should try to meet up .

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m off Friday Mon Tues, so 5 day weekend to kill 2 bucks and retire for the season

Good luck Biz.  Stinks that you can't get time off in Nov., but I realize that's a busy time of year to make/exceed budget!

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

If you think the world owes you, real competition is bad as everyone is a winner, don't like to work very hard, and cant do the simplest of home improvement tasks, you just may be a millennial.  Kidding, kind of. 

Amen brother! *In my best Hulk Hogan voice* someone a millennial has no clue about.

• Like 1

We have the same vacation days this year

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:
  • 2000 to Present:  New Silent Generation or Generation Z
  • 1980 to 2000: Millennials or Generation Y
  • 1965 to 1979: Thirteeners or Generation X
  • 1946 to 1964: Baby Boomers
  • 1925 to 1945: Silent Generation
  • 1900 to 1924: G.I. Generation

I'm at the front end of X

Dang it, looks like I am going to have to back off on my work ethic, forget how to repair motor vehicles and most common house hold repairs as well. 

Is there any Generation "X"ers out there that can build me a shelf to hold all my participation awards I'm about to receive? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Started at 3 AM ,at 7 I had to go for 8 hours of training. I'm using my 10 minute break to see if any of you are seeing and hopefully shooting deer. I'm so tired that I'm seeing doubles.

No Jeremy, these guys ain’t killing deer, they’re just bullshiiting on the web. :)

Hell, they aren’t even in the woods!!!

• Like 1