any hunting stuff on the xmas wish list??

Robhuntandfish

ok tomorrow is Dec 1, deer season is winding down.  Whats on your xmas hunting list?  Been dropping hints to the spouse..... leaving the bass pro website on screen for all to see......Yadda yadda - i know just to have family and world peace .....but what are you hoping replaces the turtleneck that someone will get you....   

I usually get a stocking full of hand and toe warmers from Santa!  and yes I guess coal could be considered hand and toe warmers......lol 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I can text my family actual hunting ads and products and will still get cologne.  Must be a hint!  Then again, I am not shy about buying what I want (without anyone knowing).  lol

i basically told the wife that im done. bought everything i needed for myself lol. 

as far as hunting I've had an entry level vac sealer for a few years now and it's ok but not very efficient. no bag holder or cutter. So i saw a sale on foodsavers website for a 5 series marked down to $120. auto bag maker and stuff. so i was like yes! and it gets opened early if i shoot another deer haha.

http://www.foodsaver.com/vacuum-sealers/counter-top-vacuum-sealers/v5000-series/the-foodsaver-fm5460-2-in-1-food-preservation-system/FM5460-DTC.html#start=1

oh and $29 but 3 boxes of 3 roll packs!

http://www.foodsaver.com/food-storage-bags-and-containers/vacuum-seal-bags-and-rolls/11-inch-vacuum-sealer-rolls/foodsaver-11-x-16-vacuum-seal-roll-3-pack/FSFSBF0634-NP.html#start=1

Edited by Belo

I could use a new pop up blind.  I would like a new scope for the muzzleloader.  You can never have too many stands, or sets of climbing sticks.  I've been eyeing a new Badlands backpack, since I carry so much dang stuff with me.  If I had a Fox Pro I might try to lower the local coyote population.  

In all honesty, I have all the gear I need, and I only buy the essentials.  But if Santa wanted to bring me a stainless 7MM08 with a synthetic stock...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Belo said:

i basically told the wife that im done. bought everything i needed for myself lol. 

as far as hunting I've had an entry level vac sealer for a few years now and it's ok but not very efficient. no bag holder or cutter. So i saw a sale on foodsavers website for a 5 series marked down to $120. auto bag maker and stuff. so i was like yes! and it gets opened early if i shoot another deer haha.

http://www.foodsaver.com/vacuum-sealers/counter-top-vacuum-sealers/v5000-series/the-foodsaver-fm5460-2-in-1-food-preservation-system/FM5460-DTC.html#start=1

oh and $29 but 3 boxes of 3 roll packs!

http://www.foodsaver.com/food-storage-bags-and-containers/vacuum-seal-bags-and-rolls/11-inch-vacuum-sealer-rolls/foodsaver-11-x-16-vacuum-seal-roll-3-pack/FSFSBF0634-NP.html#start=1

We go through lots of those bags and generally speaking you can find them much cheaper through a different brand. On Amazon maybe? I don’t remember but I do remember it being a way better deal and we get them with one end sealed already. 

Edited by Doewhacker

3 hours ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

rob h&f you always start great threads that i must respond to...  i already bought myself a new chest freezer, generator, and jerky making kits. all of this needs to be kept from the fiance of course.. merry christmas to me lol

Your secret is safe with me.....this just came in mail today!  Lol 

IMG_20171130_194615142.jpg

14 hours ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

rob h&f you always start great threads that i must respond to...  i already bought myself a new chest freezer, generator, and jerky making kits. all of this needs to be kept from the fiance of course.. merry christmas to me lol

Ok,how do you keep a chest freezer and a generator from the fiance? Do you have a 2nd house that also is a secret?

16 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

We go through lots of those bags and generally speaking you can find them much cheaper through a different brand. On Amazon maybe? I don’t remember but I do remember it being a way better deal and we get them with one end sealed already. 

thanks for the tip. I guess i never thought to find a generic brand. i'll do that next round. I font like the bags though because a lot of my meats are packaged differently. but for $29 for 9 rolls I think that's fair. Certainly still saving over the butcher.

• Like 1