LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Where'd ya hit her ? Reaction? Blood? hair ?

White spot on chest have blood with bubbles and bones . she  hunched up and did an about face and went back the way she came then cut down thur the water after that is when I could on find spots of blood . But most blood was high on branches and trees and big pools of blood

• Like 4

Big boys still rutting good in my woods! Had a really nice mature buck out cruising at 330 and eventually drove a doe out of my neighbors and all around the 60 acre clover field I was on. He eventually got her into a creek bed and looked like they bedded down. Also had two three year olds chase does hard all over the same field. Interestingly I didn’t see any bucks two or under, probably wore themselves out by now. I would have shot the mature buck but most of the night he was 400-600 yards away. He stopped briefly at 300 which is about my max range under perfect conditions, at least with my muzzleloader, but I was covered up in does and no way I was going to be able to get a good shot off. I’ll be back out tomorrow evening hopefully. The action has been really good on evening food sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I hunted the last three days hard on state land 3m. In the past three days I have seen at least 30-40 rubs some very large from this year most looking like the last couple weeks. Yesterday was the only sit I didn't see anything so I decided to change it up and hike straight up the mountain as high as I could go. At about 3:30 I heard a shot that seemed to come exactly where I was sitting yesterday, all week I have had the mountain to myself and was unaware somebody was in there today (parking lot empty when I got there).

So I did see a doe at last light but didn't have a shot and didn't want to drag a doe a couple miles with meat in the freezer and a couple weeks to go. At about four o'clock I caught a glimpse about 350 yards downhill of an orange vest and on my way out a truck pulled in right as I was arriving. Long story short small world my brothers friend shot a 10 point in the exact spot I sat yesterday doah! Young guy deserved it, he hunted bow in the area and to my surprise when he saw my suv he accessed the land lower so he wouldn't screw me up. Really nice young local guy so good for him, he said there is a huge 9 point back in the same area so I will go back to that area when I have the chance next week. He said he was going to send me a picture when I get it I will update what could have been.

• Like 4

So bad news deer search is not coming and we can't go in with out them .so bill is going to come back tomorrow  and help me in the morning to try and find her
Best of luck finding it tomorrow. What you described sound like a dead deer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

WHY NOT?

This is what he wrote me . 

I would not wait any longer. I tried to contact tracker and he is not responding. I have no one else to send. Remember we are volunteers. We have very few trackers and too many calls. We can not handle the volumn. I'm sorry we can not help you this time. Think about getting a dog and joining deer search. 

1 minute ago, cynthiafu said:

I would not wait any longer. I tried to contact tracker and he is not responding. I have no one else to send. Remember we are volunteers. We have very few trackers and too many calls. We can not handle the volumn. I'm sorry we can not help you this time. Think about getting a dog and joining deer search. 

If she is dead, she will still be there in the morning.  Good luck.  

Hunted the park again today. The snow was so loud there’s no way of still hunting,So I got up on a little ridge and sat for a few hours didn’t see anything. The snow softened up a little so I moved around but didn’t find any tracks. I’m not sure what to do tomorrow might just hunt by my pond. There calling for rain Friday.

Was up trying to track one for a buddy yesterday and today. Yesterday was perfect! Got within 30yds of a mature buck 4 times and Buddy was never able to get a shot off. Today was awful, got within 50yds of another buck he was bedded under a spruce up hill wind in his face and must have watched us coming for a couple hundred yards. I saw him just before he got up and Buddy never got his gun on him. He has to go back to work tomorrow so I came back home tonight.

Don’t let loud conditions stop you from still hunting, you can still get close enough to them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

I would not wait any longer. I tried to contact tracker and he is not responding. I have no one else to send. Remember we are volunteers. We have very few trackers and too many calls. We can not handle the volumn. I'm sorry we can not help you this time. Think about getting a dog and joining deer search. 

I get that they are volunteers, but I think their last sentence is not what someone who called them wants to hear at a time like this.  It's like someone calling on a doctor only to be told that they should go out and get a medical degree.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I get that they are volunteers, but I think their last sentence is not what someone who called them wants to hear at a time like this.  It's like someone calling on a doctor only to be told that they should go out and get a medical degree.

Saying things like that .makes you wonder why people even call them . I feel bad enough and then they waited till 730 to tell me that . I am upset as it is for losing it

• Like 1