fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

So this morning has been interesting I pull up to one of my favorite stateland spots in 6n just in time to watch 2 deer sneaking through the pines not 100 yrds in front of the truck. I then gear up walk about 10 yrds from the truck and discover what's left of a doe that had been shot and skinned out. This is a no doe zone. I don't know if it was actually shot right here because I see no evidence of a drag through the snow or any blood trail unless someone dropped it right where it stood maybe road hunting or if somebody dumped it here. Anyways there is no doe hunting anywhere up here so I reported it. People really need to follow the laws. I don't imagine they will ever find out who did it but atleast they no it's going on up here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Dead here. But between the manure spreaders and some guy bombing around all the fields on a utv that sounds like a loud model airplane ,it’s cutting off some travel routes .

going to regroup soon.. 

sorry for the crap pictures but it was a very productive weekend in 8G. I shot my oldest deer to date Sunday and he had 13 score able points my uncle shot a monster 9 Saturday which was his first deer in years. Good luck to everyone stay safe and shoot straight.

58170.jpeg

• Like 36

I filled my buck tag this AM, had a deer come through a thicket around 8:00AM and had a hard time finding it working through, I caught glimpses here and there and could tell it was a buck, it looked like a basket 8 to me and I had one opening about 90 yds away and as soon as he stepped into it I hammered him, he ran 30 yds and crashed. I knew he wasn't real big but ground shrinkage is a real thing! I'm happy with him, I honestly don't really enjoy gun season so that's probably it for my season, I have all of the venison I need and no buck tags. IMG_20191118_094303486.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 33

1 minute ago, chrisw said:

I filled my buck tag this AM, had a deer come through a thicket around 8:00AM and had a hard time finding it working through, I caught glimpses here and there and could tell it was a buck, it looked like a basket 8 to me and I had one opening about 90 yds away and as soon as he stepped into it I hammered him, he ran 30 yds and crashed. I knew he wasn't real big but ground shrinkage is a real thing! I'm happy with him, I honestly don't really enjoy gun season so that's probably it for my season, I have all of the venison I need and no buck tags. IMG_20191118_094303486.jpg

Great year for you, congrats! 

• Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Sitting out today at home. Drs. orders. Sucks! And I'm miserable. Hopefully back out tomorrow.

Get better. He will be waiting for you.

24 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Congrats! Agreed. I miss bow season already. Gun isn't my thing either.

• Like 2

"Stand Your Ground. Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."

Captain John Parker, Lexington 1775

Nothing again this morning... Grabbing lunch, then heading back out ~2:00.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Sitting out today at home. Drs. orders. Sucks! And I'm miserable. Hopefully back out tomorrow.

Screw it. I'm gearing up and heading out!

• Like 19

Son's First Deer! 8:20am in 4O at 80 yards. It was a bruiser. Followed a doe out into clearing this morning. He actually asked me if it was a shooter when I glassed him. Double lung drop. Couldn't be prouder of my young man.

Regards and good luck to all. ------aff757cba6ada93df228090dae27f993.jpg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Son's First Deer! 8:20am in 4O at 80 yards. It was a bruiser. Followed a doe out into clearing this morning. He actually asked me if it was a shooter when I glassed him. Double lung drop. Couldn't be prouder of my young man.

Regards and good luck to all. ------aff757cba6ada93df228090dae27f993.jpg&key=194e0665fd1aeed2750f0c9daf74a0d2b9f09785de8a067320fba91ead575750
Well that's a heck of a first.....Congrats.
Now to the details....where did he hit that deer and with what caliber? I am guessing lung with some blood out the nose.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I just Watched this mink hunt down and catch a mouse under the snow. So cool. He was about 15 yards away. imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34

AD63AE24-7BFC-4238-8D93-AFE159CF8DE5.jpeg

How's the food plot holding up?

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

18 minutes ago, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

How's the food plot holding up?

Not bad. Tons of tubers and clover in there still. They have been feeding in it a lot. Digging things up, etc. 

• Like 1

I'm in with my 11 yr old son. Kinda surprised he wanted to go again as he's not as outdoorsy as his little brother. Having an elevated enclosed place to go helps out a lot though.

• Like 2