the 4th of July - whatcha all doin.....

Attending the festivities at Sagamore Hill, Home of our greatest President Theodore Roosevelt. Rough Riders encampment, old time brass band and a speech on the porch by TR himself, well a very good impersonator anyway.

• Like 1

Kids and grandkids coming over for T-Bones on the grill tomorrow. May go out to the fairgrounds in Cobleskill for fireworks in the evening. 

Friday, I need to finish up a project at work, will be out by noon, to mow grass and tend to the garden.

Saturday is a work day at the farm property. But I'm sure we will do a little fun stuff too.

Sunday is try to beat my grandson with a better bow target score!!! (he won last week) Also maybe some trigger time at the range with our hunting rifles.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

Kids and grandkids coming over for T-Bones on the grill tomorrow. May go out to the fairgrounds in Cobleskill for fireworks in the evening. 

Friday, I need to finish up a project at work, will be out by noon, to mow grass and tend to the garden.

Saturday is a work day at the farm property. But I'm sure we will do a little fun stuff too.

Sunday is try to beat my grandson with a better bow target score!!! (he won last week) Also maybe some trigger time at the range with our hunting rifles.

Youth vs experience, I like it . good luck  grampy..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

Our golden that passed a few years ago hated fire works. 

My old boy (a golden) that passed 5 years ago hated them too. He would try and squeeze behind the toilet for whatever reason and just shake. Our new golden could care less.....Like he doesn't even hear them...

6 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Watching sylvan beach fireworks from a friend's boat tonight and on the 4th my son and I are hauling are boats down to Onieda lake along with 12 friends and family members for a party at the cove.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

be careful out there at night!  Not sure what side of the lake your on but there is a new tree that appeared this spring out between sylvan and edgewater and its a shocker cause it sticks up in 25 ft of water!- FYI    Have fun.  

be careful out there at night!  Not sure what side of the lake your on but there is a new tree that appeared this spring out between sylvan and edgewater and its a shocker cause it sticks up in 25 ft of water!- FYI    Have fun.  
Thanks Rob I will let the captain know, I hope you Enjoy the weekend.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Heading to the old homestead in Point Breeze(Angola NY) for dinner at my parents and then a nice walk on the newly installed sidewalks down to my current neighbor's beach house for a huge fireworks display put on by a few local bars.

Tomorrow if the weather cooperates off to the Lancaster 4th o July parade and then back to the inlaws for BBQ and swimming. Later that night may take a ride over to Boston(NY) for their town fireworks show.

I absolutely love this time of year....can't beat the great weather, beer and explosions that I can sit back and just enjoy with the family!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

My old boy (a golden) that passed 5 years ago hated them too. He would try and squeeze behind the toilet for whatever reason and just shake. Our new golden could care less.....Like he doesn't even hear them...

One year we couldn’t find our golden looked all over the house under beds etc. curtain was closed on the tub and we found him hiding in the tub. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not doing much this year on the 4th but going to the firework show. All my buddies are out camping and wife is working all day tomorrow so no normal bbq.  Me and youngest daughter are going golfing today(well ill golf she will tell me i suck and drive the cart). But she turns 9 friday so we will do some bday stuff with her and then we are having her party saturday.  Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Working today, currently having lunch and cruising the forum. Tonight my daughter has softball practice but after that we will go and watch fireworks that the local country club sets off. 

Tomorrow I'll play a round of golf then head over to the Lancaster Parade then spend the afternoon and evening at my in-laws with a bunch of family.

Back to work on Friday and my wife works Saturday which is a bit of a bummer but such is life. 

Kenny field tonight for fireworks. Tomorrow bbq, pool, horseshoes and our own fireworks. Off Friday return to work for 4 days getting married next Friday then flying to key west for a 6 days of fishing and drinking. From their we fly to Jacksonville for The Rolling Stones concert. Drive to Tampa the next day where the in-laws just bought a house staying for the night then fly back. Busy time of the year!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cory said:

Kenny field tonight for fireworks. Tomorrow bbq, pool, horseshoes and our own fireworks. Off Friday return to work for 4 days getting married next Friday then flying to key west for a 6 days of fishing and drinking. From their we fly to Jacksonville for The Rolling Stones concert. Drive to Tampa the next day where the in-laws just bought a house staying for the night then fly back. Busy time of the year!

Congrats, and best wishes for your wedding ! 

• Like 1

Lunch with my parents, then a clambake in the evening with a couple of gay cops just up the road from me who know how to throw a serious party. I do work on their tractor, and they invite me to their clambake. Lots of beer and fireworks. And if anyone calls the cops because of the fireworks, well, that just doesn't work in this situation. ;-)

Be safe and enjoy, everyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’m such a chump, I stopped
In Pa and grabbed some fireworks. I only spent $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skyking or Phantom ? We stopped at Skyking the other day   Spent 54$

Loved the signage for some smaller place   along the way     Swords, pepper spray ,jellybeans and fireworks

Edited by turkeyfeathers