Was a special day in the woods!!!!!

BBDEric

It was an opening day to remember. A story I hope will be told to my kids and grand kids!!! Me ,my brother, and my dad shot three awesome bucks opening day of gun. Two on the new property some members may be familiar with the trespassing and hunter harrassment we delt with. The other a true Monster my dad took at the family farm. The hours spent trimming apples, planting food, putting up posted signs paid off. We spend hundreds of hours off season and man it paid off.

My brother was first to pull the trigger at 7:20am. He had this nice 8 come into a mock scrape we set up on Thusday near an apple orchard.  

I shot my buck at 1:15 from the frozen tundra deep in our woods lot. Set up in the pines thinking with the snow the does would be bedded. Also playing the odds someone would bump deer to me. I saw nothing till 1pm. A doe came in and she actual worked the mock scrape I set up on Thursday. She peed and rubber her legs and spun in a slow circle 4-5 times with here tail up. She did this for 10 mins. I look over where she came from when I saw movement. This big heavy 10 came slow walking right on here track. I shot him turned and shot the doe. 

My dad was set up over our food plots. Corn , clover, brassica blend. He was seeing does all over the field and hedge rows all day. At 3:30 this monster buck walked out dogging does . When he stopped at 100 yards dad put him down. No history with this buck. He grossed just over 160. 

Unreal day in the woods, but very special for all of us. 

20191116_144750.jpg

20191117_101224.jpg

20191117_100901.jpg

20191117_101839(0).jpg

• Like 44