Do you have a back up bow?

regulat0r

If you do have a back up bow, what is your arrangement? Did you upgrade recently and keep your older one? Are they both equal quality?

I was out of commission for 3 weeks this bow season as my bow was being repaired from damage sustained in early October. I def don’t want that to happen again. I’m deciding between buying another high quality bow or perhaps buying a mid level bow to keep just in case I need it. 

9 minutes ago, regulat0r said:

I just got a new (used) bow but don't intend on getting rid of my old High Country. I killed a lot of deer with that bow, and I know I could take it to the woods tomorrow and have no issues.

The better question for me is why did I "upgrade" and I have no good answer for that, but I don't regret it :)

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

I’ve always got at least two, usually the hunting rig is a few years older. Right now my 12 Elite Pulse is my hunting rig and a Ritual 35 I just bought from Moog is setup for 3D. If anything happened
To the Pulse I could set the other up to hunt in an hour. I’ve had as many as five setup but have sold or given them away. They should be shot not collecting dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i did, but recently sold it. Bought from a member friend here. The last couple years I only made it to the woods a half dozen times each year.. So I decided it wasnt worth holding onto... 

I like paying it forward so I sold it cheap to a friend who wanted to get into bowhunting. He made out well lol 

5 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I only have one and it will stay that way too. I am with @Robhuntandfish though,if it needs repairing i would do anything to get it done asap.

I make sure i go into hunting season with good strings and everything else in good order.

If it all goes Kablouy I will buy new and have that setup before the end of the day too!  I have a backup for a deer rifle but with a bow just too many moving parts to have two, at least for me.  

On 2/27/2020 at 9:58 PM, regulat0r said:

If you do have a back up bow, what is your arrangement? Did you upgrade recently and keep your older one? Are they both equal quality?

I was out of commission for 3 weeks this bow season as my bow was being repaired from damage sustained in early October. I def don’t want that to happen again. I’m deciding between buying another high quality bow or perhaps buying a mid level bow to keep just in case I need it. 

Yes I have a drenalin  by Mathews and an mq32 by Mathews . Came in usefull 2 years ago when I noticed limb was delamination on drenalin 

I currently have 3 bows , I took the sight off the other 2 but that's easy to slap a 3 pin on for hunting. I had a left handed bow I was considering switching too when my elbow and shoulder was messed but I gave it to my buddy who basiy went partially blind in one eye and couldnt shoot right handed anymore

I upgraded about a year ago to an Obsession Phoenix. Still have my 20 year old MQ32 Mathews all set up. I would have no problem at all taking it out and killing another deer with it. Wouldn't get much for it if I sold it, nay as well keep it. Or maybe give it away to a young hunter who has nothing, to get them started.

• Like 1

I only have 1 bow. I have had it probably 7 years. I have no intention of getting another one. I guess if it broke in early October I would go pick something cheap and swap everything over so I didn't miss any time. Hopefully I'll never have to worry about it.