Batten down the hatches , 70mph winds coming WNY

Nomad

Here we go again . Later today  , I’ll gas up,the chain saw, charge the batteries for the cordless tools , move the truck away from  the trees , secure the patio furniture and so on , and the neighbors will put their recycling bins out ...... The ground is pretty soft , luckily the trees don’t have leaves out yet .  Stay safe .

96C4C95A-F417-45C6-A62E-A2978F858FC8.png

Thanks for the warning.  I just finished lashing down the kids trampoline with a chain and ratchet straps.  I also added a couple of extra clamps to the old truck cap that makes a roof for my wood-splinter shed, and brought the kids big canvass Lacrosse backstop into the garage.   I should be good for 80 mph or so now.   I heard on the marine forecast that they are expecting 18 ft waves on Lake Erie tomorrow, which means the wind must be coming out of the southwest.    

• Like 1

Just got home and the wind was just starting to become noticable.  Filled up the cans with 15 gallons of gas yesterday and charged all 4 battery packs for the phones last night. I don't have faith in many people right now if the power goes out for an extended period.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Just got home and the wind was just starting to become noticable.  Filled up the cans with 15 gallons of gas yesterday and charged all 4 battery packs for the phones last night. I don't have faith in many people right now if the power goes out for an extended period.

Imagine the stores got wiped out of t-paper again, due to this storm coming..oye..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They calling for 76mph gusts in Westchester today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is could get real interesting. The district in which I teach has a reputation for losing power easily- on line learning with no internet and power makes for a tough combo.
The 100’ pines trees 25’ off my back room are my greatest concern

Same here, wind is kicking her heels up!  Everything tied down or moved inside.

20%
Rain and thunderstorms likely. Windy at times. High 63F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph

NORWICH, NY

as of 8:13 am EDT

55°
CLOUDY
feels like 51°
H 63° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10

NORWICH, NY

NORWICH, NY

55°
CLOUDY
feels like 51°
H 63° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10

55°
CLOUDY
feels like 51°
H 63° / L 35°
UV Index 0 of 10
Edited by Los Lobos
revise

This is could get real interesting. The district in which I teach has a reputation for losing power easily- on line learning with no internet and power makes for a tough combo.

Same here. Last time it was a warzone during that winter outage when NYSEG took a few days to get it back

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

No pines , which seem to really catch the wind , but a couple dozen Ash in my yard, they’re healthily , my neighbors Ash are dead and near the line and our home .

Those trampolines make really good giant frisbees at times like this  ! Ours had a rope tying it to the deck 24/7 . My green hunting hut in a field facing west, is staked down , after having to tip it back up 2xs 

If we lose power I may pack our good cooler full of venison and move it outside , which will guarantee the power will come right back on .

• Like 1