Water Rat

No turkey poults

Just saw 6 hens in my yard and none of them has any poults. I haven’t seen any poults this year. Kinda sad. The bearded lady likes the bird bath.                                         

7A1A87C3-78B5-4F1D-98B5-79AC922E1177.jpeg

71A5A83C-3092-4156-A5A5-E7588A0BFE83.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same thing here in Orange County . I have not seen any Poults Yet-:(.   I have had 3 Hens come to my Lawn. A Bearded Hen, a large Hen who are both gone now for a few weeks.   And Millie- the 3rd Hen who now Travels with the 2 Jake- Fred + Barney.  I think these 3 Hens are Old Hensthough as, I have been Feeding Turkeys for at least 8 years now.

This is the 1st year that, I have not seen any Poults!  

I saw a hen yesterday with two poults that couldn't have been more than a week old............

• Like 1

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

have 6 hens on camera regularly no lil ones, weird because compared to past yrs the weather i thought was decent for nesting

• Like 2

have seen broods with 9,9,4,and 2 poults. But also hens without any poults, including two groups of 4 hens and several single hens. I also thought that conditions would have been ideal for larger groups of poults.

• Like 1

hatch is all over the place here. some super young and others older. not many either.

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upper Hudson River Valley QDMA

That's strange..After a dry June there should be poults all over the place..I have not seen any either..I have seen a big hen on the property several times, so big I thought she was a jake until I put the binocs on her...Nary a poult...

• Sad 1

Just saw the first poult of the year. With all the turkeys in the neighborhood , it’s kinda depressing that this is the only poult I’ve seen. Hate to think how many she lost.                                    5573FA59-A9C6-4ACD-97E9-68FF849E0FF2.thumb.png.cdef76a3e2641e6d232c1b259448c0d4.png

I had two hens in my yard this morning.  One has 5 fist sized poults, probably just a couple weeks old at most.  The other is a larger bearded hen than had 9 large poults.  The bearded hen has been around here for maybe 3 years.  Last year she had just one poult, maybe the smaller hen with 5 little poults.

• Like 1

Same in my area.  From what I'm gathering from trail cameras is that there's so many coons the turkeys don't have a chance to get a good brood started past laying eggs. The number of coons on my cameras at night is unreal.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, E J said:

Same in my area.  From what I'm gathering from trail cameras is that there's so many coons the turkeys don't have a chance to get a good brood started past laying eggs. The number of coons on my cameras at night is unreal.

Same here.. I've seen a spike in racoons and don't have any poults on cam. That's over in 8A.

• Sad 1

Today I saw a hen with three very small poults in Canadice.  They're everywhere NOW!!

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

I saw 2 hens with 10 poults in my area of 4O yesterday. They were only the size of softballs. Must have been a late hatch.

I am still hoping to get some Poults Pics on my Lawn. I keep looking for the 2 Hens that were here about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully one of those Hens has Poults and will reaapear soon.

There like fleas around here. See many hens with large broods regularly in my area.  Earliest brood I seen was May 28th. There not quite 1/2 the size of mom now.  Also seeing some that are the size of a morning Dove. 

• Thanks 1

Otsego and Chenango counties I am seeing a little of all three. Small babies, some up to about 1/3 the height of momma, and some with none at all. But, still a lot more babies than the last few years.

I just realized after seeing the hen and poult this morning that she’s the one that’s missing her foot. I haven’t seen her in a while and figured she fell victim to a fox or coyote. 68A938CE-30B4-4AC7-8846-66511508841A.thumb.png.c7fa10c841c01f4ebea9598d7b9e6e7c.png

• Like 3

I been seeing some fairly regularly, about on par for last 10 years or so. Seem like 50/50 with poults. No where near what it was 20 -25 years ago but all in all decent.

Have 2 hens that have been toting about a half dozen poults in their group.. The only poults ive seen amongst many hens.. typical like prior years

This little poult is getting bigger....still no sign of the hen. Poor little guy is walking around kee keeing for the hen that never shows up. The other turkeys constantly harass it when it only wants to be in the company of other turkeys. Oh well........Mother Nature I guess.IMG_6849.thumb.PNG.820858c4149d55d19fe0c614e06efb6e.PNG

Driving around last night went past a field with 3 hens and at least 30-40 poults. I've never seen a field with so many turkey in it. Cattaraugus County 

34 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

This little poult is getting bigger....still no sign of the hen. Poor little guy is walking around kee keeing for the hen that never shows up. The other turkeys constantly harass it when it only wants to be in the company of other turkeys. Oh well........Mother Nature I guess.IMG_6849.thumb.PNG.820858c4149d55d19fe0c614e06efb6e.PNG

I thought that was the Mother behind the Poult. To make it this far- that Poult has probably been accepted by another Hen.

A good 15 Fall Seasons back, I " cold" Kee- Kee- Runs and did not expect much.  I was off guard when 4 Old Hens came in Quick within 2 minutes looking for the Kee- keeing young Turkey.

No Poults with them. 

Saw about 4 or 5 hen in the field going towards Geneva about 2 weeks ago, not a poult among them. The Mennonite I drive for who gets out much more than I do say he has seen a few with poults in Yates County and Steuben County as well.