Ever experience this ?

Salmon_Run

My buddy and his friend have a hunting camp in the Adirondacks; they've noticed a "skunk" smell recently at the camp and knew there are few skunks in the area. They have several trail cameras out.

Upon checking their cameras they found one with the batteries on the ground, pointed up, and the SIM card missing. They removed it from the tree and in a plastic bag behind the camera was $ 35.00....

They believe there must have been an marijuana grow in the area and the "suspect" had his photo on the camera and only took the documented pics and left the cash to cover the SIM card and batteries...

• Like 3

Sort of an honest thief.. a few years back a friend and I stumbled into a large patch in an old beaver meadow. Probably 1/2 an acre. I'm pretty sure they were  harvesting ,because some plants had been chopped down and a lot of of "people sign".

I just said quite loudly as we passed through, "I don't care,just passing through" ...

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Isn't it now legal, to grow up to a certain amount of marijuana?

Pretty cool dude, to leave some cash for messing with the camera.    :smoke:

That's what I thought, I dont think tje growing thing is legal yet, I keep hearing stories of people around town getting a visit from the law to remove one or 2 plants from the back yard garden. What ever kind of scope they have on the helicopters is working well.

Now to be honest ,maybe it wasnt a dope grower at all . Sunday I went to 3 stores before I could find the correct SD card for one of my cameras so I could head south and put them out. Now that I know I can just go in the woods and take someone else's and leave some cash ,I should have a good supply of SD cards from now on LOL. Of course theres a convenience charge.

29 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I know a few people who had 2 plants removed from their years.  They dont get in trouble or anything ,they simply show up and take them.

Interesting, so I had to look it up and yes you can't grow it personally yet. Of course NYS government made it way more complicated than it needs to be.

You can't grow it personally until the licensed dispensaries are up and running even then you have to wait 18 months after the first legal sale of marijuana at said dispensaries. April 1, 2022 is the absolute first date that a dispensary can be open so you can't grow it at home until sometime in 2023.

My head hurts.

19 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Interesting, so I had to look it up and yes you can't grow it personally yet. Of course NYS government made it way more complicated than it needs to be.

You can't grow it personally until the licensed dispensaries are up and running even then you have to wait 18 months after the first legal sale of marijuana at said dispensaries. April 1, 2022 is the absolute first date that a dispensary can be open so you can't grow it at home until sometime in 2023.

My head hurts.

I cant imagine how much money they're spending to fly that helicopter around for a couple plants here and there

• Like 1

Definitely odd and nice they left the cash to cover batteries and a SIM card, like someone said an "honest criminal". 

They opted to wait until the "season" is over and explore some of the adjoining area where the smell originated. But, for now they moved the camera and went about their own business; just not worth getting mixed into a potential mess.....