Why do people have to be such jerks

luberhill

So heading out to dinner, get off the thruway and some idiot is right on my butt in 35 mph zone …

So I try to make room with the car ahead of me , the dude behind me pulls up next to me rolls his window down, i ignore him and keep driving.

At the light he pulls over on the shoulder on the right side and again rolls his window down and says “ you got a problem”

I said “ nope” he follows that up with “ good thing or I’ll knock your F’n teeth out”

I said “ don’t threaten me”…he said “ call the cops then tough guy”

Then he said  “ follow me around the corner”

I just kept driving on my way…

I don’t get people having to be such jerks !

Always seems like it’s some low life idiot trying to prove something 

6 minutes ago, DoubleDose said:

It's' mental illness, plain and simple; our prisons are rightfully full of these individuals.   You did the right thing.  One day he will meet up with someone just like himself, only bigger, stronger, and more violent, and he will get some karma.  

I just can’t imagine anything being that important …

I mean let’s say I’m a wacko too ( I know , people already do :) )

And I pull around the corner and he comes and assault's me , I pull a weapon and shoot him..

Then what …

I can’t think there is anything that important to possibly threaten the wrong person … 

I had a scary one driving my boys to a baseball tourney years ago. Guy was riding my ass in the left lane going a decent number above the limit but I couldn't get right to let him fly by. Eventually I move to the right he guns it then gets in front of me and slows way down. I Pull to the right lane and drive the speed limit which now brings me equal ti him but I just keep my eyes straight but I can just feel him staring and yelling and swerving close. I speed up, he speeds up and passes and slows down...this continues for 10 minutes until he gets bored and speeds away. Boys were quite rattled...as was I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

So heading out to dinner, get off the thruway and some idiot is right on my butt in 35 mph zone …

So I try to make room with the car ahead of me , the dude behind me pulls up next to me rolls his window down, i ignore him and keep driving.

At the light he pulls over on the shoulder on the right side and again rolls his window down and says “ you got a problem”

I said “ nope” he follows that up with “ good thing or I’ll knock your F’n teeth out”

I said “ don’t threaten me”…he said “ call the cops then tough guy”

Then he said  “ follow me around the corner”

I just kept driving on my way…

I don’t get people having to be such jerks !

Always seems like it’s some low life idiot trying to prove something 

Good for you.  I am 44,and know better, but still hard to not escalate a bad situation 

27 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Good for you.  I am 44,and know better, but still hard to not escalate a bad situation 

I’m 63 … not about to get into a fight with a guy 40 yrs younger .. or anyone for that matter 

There isn’t much in life worth fighting over .. I’d prefer to walk away unless there is no other option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I like the ones that drive 5-10 under the speed limit and then flip you off or speed up when you go to pass them. People are just dumb. 

A ton of stupid drivers. Had a guy 2 weeks ago pull of the side of the road just over a hill. I go around and he proceeds to make a 2 pt u turn literally just over the crest of the hill on C Factory rd. Someone could have crushed him coming over that hill. 

• Like 2

I just ignore everybody on the road not worth it to get mad, if i need to go slow i go slow if i need to go fast i go fast pass when i get a chance to if someone is going to slow wait and  pass first chance I get .  I mean you don't know what problems the guy infront  of you has could be sick could have car trouble could be having problems seeing the road who knows could be lost.

• Like 1

Tailgaters suck.  That’s real popular up here near my in-laws.  Rarely do I pull into their driveway, off the main highway, when there’s not someone right up close behind me.  It almost seems like they make sport of seeing how close they can get to me, before I turn into the driveway.  

Their driveway was never very well marked, and it is around a curve, so I always need to slow down and even missed it a few times.  They put up a big yellow “driveway ahead” sign this summer, and that makes it a lot better.  

There was still a dork right on me, when I pulled in Friday night though.  Another even worse one (he was about 20 feet behind me while I was going 9 mph over the speed limit) passed me a few miles before, then got hung up behind some slower traffic ahead.  

I thought I’d give that one a little taste of his own medicine, so I got right up as close as I dared with my big 3/4 ton Silverado, for a mile or so.  He was driving a big black Ford pickup.   He seemed to take the hint and backed off a little from the car he was right on.  

There sure is no shortage of tailgating dip-shits up in this area.  

Edited by wolc123

I drive 125-200 miles daily.. there are so many inconsiderate, selfish, unintelligent, common sense lacking, scary drivers on the road. I lose my mind when people think your being the a$$hole, when in reality its them. I've always been observant and defensive driver but after losing my father to people like this, it really really bothers me. How dangerous a vehicle really is, in the hands of people like this. I get it, we all get frustrated or hurried or what not, and it really probably is best to just get out the way since we really probably wont be the one to teach them the lesson.. but its frustrating.. life's to short as it is..  

• Like 2

Yrs ago I had someone pull up next to me in a passing zone and point a pistol at me. I slammed on the brakes and he went past me and kept going. Few miles up the road was a trooper barracks, and wouldn't you know he was in the lot waving his arms and pointing towards me. I pulled in and the trooper was trying to calm the guy down as he was a was a raving lunatic.  I mentioned to the trooper that he was armed, and a quick call on the radio had several other troopers coming out of the barracks.  They found the pistol on the front seat, and the trooper asked him one simple question.  If you didn't point or show the pistol, how did he know you had one?  He was speechless.  Filed a report, and never found out why the guy did what he did, or what the outcome was.  

• Like 3