This just sucks.

First-light

Had a small burn tonight in the fire pit. Wind was perfect to take an ember over to my empty log storage next to shed. 

The result is losing my shed and so many things inside of it. The house caught fire as the Howard Fire Dept was pulling up. 

They saved my house! Freemont and Avoca was there also. Thank you all for the commitment put into keeping us safe!

D51E6CAE-81F0-4CAC-B8B1-B87B6F2C92BD_1_105_c.jpeg

70A4F8E0-5918-4A93-ACF3-37BFF5F2202C_1_105_c.jpeg

3178F70D-D782-4445-98E6-D5D0FCF32706_1_105_c.jpeg

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

Holy crap! Sorry for your loss.  Thank goodness nobody got hurt.  One of my biggest fears, nightmare, is fire.  Hope you can get things put back together soon.  

Call insurance tomorrow. There was just so much in there you can't replace. Right down to some Penn fishing reels that were my Father inlaws. They were classics. You are right nobody got hurt. Thanks

Thank you all. Waiting for insurance to call. Need to fix house first then clean up the area and decide what to do. lost fishing gear, tree stands, decoys, endless tools, trail mower, rototiller, buckets of screw, nails, Two antique two man saws. Much more.

Fires are such nasty things that happen all too often. I hope everything works out all right for you. It certainly looks like you dodged the bullet as far as the house is concerned. It could have been much, much worse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Fires are such nasty things that happen all too often. I hope everything works out all right for you. It certainly looks like you dodged the bullet as far as the house is concerned. It could have been much, much worse. 

Agree Doc. Fire Marshal told me two things, 1-call us first then try to fight it but don't get hurt. I lost 10 minutes not calling them right away. 2-He said my house was minutes away from totally going up in flames. Board and Batten siding was a blessing. He said vinyl siding would of lit up like fireworks. That shed was too close to my house, another thing to think about when building. It's hitting me today but I'll be ok and move on. Thank you all.