i think i'll start something here

hey everyone i was watching the news this morning and they were talking about trump and the NFL controversy [of course they all have to give their commentary] i mean this guy kapernick did this last year when obama was president they are making it like trump created this.also this issue is over a year old . think back to the summer of '16 .trump like him or not for it doesnt pull any punches and obama [who i voted for twice] says nothing the typical liberal response when theres an issue that doesnt conform to the party line its like oh it will blow over stay quiet.i voted for trump too cause he goes against the hollywood elite[ yeah we got liberal elitist here in new york big time] what i like about him he's not afraid to confront things head on and not stick his head in the sand like the liberals.we know where he stands. as far as the NFL players as americans they have a right to express them selves but to but to disrespect the flag is going about it the wrong way people died for that flag and they didnt have a choice they gave that right to us

• Like 2

I didn't watch football prior to these shenanigans, I definitely will not after them.
Papist also referenced a baseball team that is now starting it. And it wasn't a thug starting it. If baseball follows in the NFL footsteps good luck to them, their support will follow down the tube.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Players can quit and do whatever they want with their millions.  I'm taking a knee against $10 cup of warm stadium beer and over the top parking charge, then burn my overpriced ticket.

I have more important items on my agenda than waste valuable time watching these guys score only 3 points a game. Poor babies....

• Like 2

I love having a president that speaks openly instead of never giving a straight response . As far as the kneeling for the flag goes ,my dad ordered the McGregor mayweather fight ,there was probably 60 people at his camp site watching it ,when the anthem played ,everyone was quiet and stood up, one little kid took a knee right in front of the tv and his mom thought it was cute and took his picture . 

• Like 1

I see the Steelers will just remaIn inside the locker room. They keepmsayong it's in response to trump..perhaps they just don't want any of their players offending anyone by taking a knee..their example should become the norm again unroll people stop being butt hurt by ancient history

• Like 1

Got my best buck to date last Sunday afternoon of bow season a few years back...

Best time to hunt public land is Sunday afternoons when the jets, giants and bills are on both time slots, I love the NFL and NY (no Sunday hunting back in PA).

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

Blame it on instant video. People are seeing people being murdered by police, yes justifiable sometimes but other times not. Some are shot in the back or killed when a tazer would do. I've seen many a veteran on social media who say taking a knee has nothing to do with disrespect of our troops or flag. I think it's also a protest against this assclown we have as a president. This moron never misses an opportunity to divide the races.

Kneeling in prayer before or after the game is no longer allowed.  Honoring slain police officers or 9/11 victims with a decal is not allowed.  But raising a Black Panthers fist or disrespecting the flag during our National Anthem is fine?

Bye NFL.  No more NFL Network subscription for me.  Or tickets, licensed merchandise, likes/clicks on social media NFL sites/pages, fantasy football or office pools.  

This is the only team kneeling before our flag that I will ever respect.

FB_IMG_1506341161595.jpg

• Like 7

I wonder how much of their own millions, these kneelers have put forth to help their "cause"? Get up off your knees and put up, or shut up, if you feel that strongly! You are roll models! Hands on, face to face, honest communication, and taking a good look at ourselves, would do more for the "cause" than showing more disrespect. Because disrespect only begets disrespect. 

Also, while on the job, I'm paid to do my job. Not to protest. If I were to protest a perceived injustice outside of the workplace, while on the job, I would be shown the door. And rightly so.

I do think race relations in the US need to be addressed. But showing disrespect to the flag, or ANYTHING, or ANYONE, is not the first step to take for improving, or eliminating the racial inequity, they are protesting. Again, disrespect only begets disrespect.  And I feel, the basis for improving race relations, needs the foundation of respect, from all sides, to be built upon.

JMO.................

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

I do think race relations in the US need to be addressed. But showing disrespect to the flag, or ANYTHING, or ANYONE, is not the first step to take for improving, or eliminating the racial inequity, they are protesting. Again, disrespect only begets disrespect.  And I feel, the basis for improving race relations, needs the foundation of respect, from all sides, to be built upon.

JMO.................

I think we need to just let it die. My kids didnt know there was such a thing as racism until they learned about in 4th grade. Before that it was just white people, brown people, yellow people...all just people

• Like 1

I never really followed the NFL anyways.  I might watch a couple of games a year at most.  I have hosted many a large Super Bowl Party at my house for many years, but I never really watched the game...to busy serving my guests.

I believe it is disrespectful to not stand in silence during the anthem.  If you feel the need to protest or bring light onto social injustice, DO SO! These football players have microphones and reporters following their every move; very few of them are actually articulating what they believe is wrong.  They are taking a knee or sitting on the bench and that's it.  I'd love to see one of these players quit the NFL so they could run for public office, or work with youths or do something other than "bring attention to the issue".  Put up or shut up!

This whole issue has been blown way out of proportion, but if it helps advance the discussion, I guess it will be worth the angst and anger many people have. But my guess is that it will eventually fade away and not really change anything.  

On 9/26/2017 at 9:03 AM, Stay at home Nomad said:

Bunch of thugs giving each other concussions, which I see as a win .

Don't want the  NFL to,go away , the job opportunities for most of those fellas would  cause the crime rates to go,up ....

I think many of them advertise their IQ's on their jerseys.

• Like 2

On 9/26/2017 at 9:47 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think we need to just let it die. My kids didnt know there was such a thing as racism until they learned about in 4th grade. Before that it was just white people, brown people, yellow people...all just people

As Morgan Freeman said, if you want to fix racism, stop talking about it. Half the posters on my bedroom wall growing up where Black folk. I know for a fact the next generation are fed with being told how racist they are and are now becoming racist as a result.