Before and after

Nomad

So I bought #1 child a 7mm08. Took her to my range, off hand she did well, liked the mild kick compared to her shotgun .

So  do you want to go all the way back and shoot off picnic table ?

Well as you may guess off a rest newbies may not grip tight and when you have to get low , the stock is not always square to shoulder , and some creep forward on scope ....

First round scoped ! I felt like such an A hole .

Gave her some cleaning patches, and said walk to car when you’re ready . I had tourniquets, combat gauze and trauma dressing , not do much for cuts....

Her comment ,” dad they have really good make up for scars !!!!

3-4 stiches which she took out herself , they said it will heal good .

I still feel bad .

B9BBA757-CAB0-4050-BFCB-4BBB62C7950E.png

4C3C8C29-06C3-41C7-9F5A-E2CF2782FEC9.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

The fact that she is smiling in the second pic means she gets it and even though you feel like an a-hole (I would too) she (probably) still loves you. 

Similar story, I remember going to the range with my dad as a kid. Sighting in Model 788 308 with look through scope bases. After sighting in the scope my dad wanted to zero in the iron sights. First shot, bottom of scope, right off the bridge of nose. Lots of swearing and lots of blood but he survied too. 

Such a beautiful girl, Larry...Definitely takes after her Mom...<<grin>>...

She and I would make a wonderful couple...I have been nailed 4 times..Once with a shotgun, once with a muzzleloader, once with a .280 and once with a 7mm08...

She and I could sit around and admire each other's scar tissue.....<<sigh>>......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Such a beautiful girl, Larry...Definitely takes after her Mom...<<grin>>...

She and I would make a wonderful couple...I have been nailed 4 times..Once with a shotgun, once with a muzzleloader, once with a .280 and once with a 7mm08...

She and I could sit around and admire each other's scar tissue.....<<sigh>>......

Hey I told her it won't happen  again ! 

Belo , Webster Thomas .

My role as a Father is protector and provider , I should have been a better protector .

On the other hand she's been swapping  stories with " old men " patients at the hospital  .

• Like 6

I took a guy shooting earlier this year and essentially the exact same thing happened. He was shooting my MZ and leaning up against my car in some silly posture without it shouldered properly and got the exact same cut. Bled quite profusely, got stitches as well. 

Pretty gal for sure either way. And she has a great story of how it happened that a lot of gals wouldnt.  Might leave a scar but if I was out on a date with her and the topic came up about how she got that scar, and she told me from sighting in a new rifle..........instant down on the knee for a proposal ......i have found her..... lol . 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, steve863 said:

Oh man, I'd feel terrible too.  I don't know, that looks like it will leave a scar.

I got cracked on the forehead a time or two by my .338 win mag, but never drew blood.  I guess it pays to be hardheaded for some things!.  LOL

You ARE a hardhead, Steve...Hehehehe.

I had blood running off the end of my nose all 4 times I got nailed....The last time was with my 7m08, the lightest kicker of them all..  I had two black eyes for two weeks from that one...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Hey I told her it won't happen  again ! 

Belo , Webster Thomas .

My role as a Father is protector and provider , I should have been a better protector .

On the other hand she's been swapping  stories with " old men " patients at the hospital  .

cool. for some reason i thought you lived in walworth. I think your daughter will do just fine. scar or not. Any girl who has that nice smile and likes guns will have to fight the guys off.

• Like 2

She's a trooper!...I have been hit twice and they were both with my father's 1100. Let me mention they happened a week apart from on another and  and both cuts were about 1/8" apart. The second one hurt WAY more than the first since it was still sore. Didn't get stitches an no visible scar until I get sunburn o my face. 

• Like 1