Done for the year

YFKI1983

My season is ending early but I'm happy. I only had 2 more days of hunting for the year. My wife is giving birth in two weeks so she isn't comfortable with me leaving for more than 1 day (my property is a 3 hour drive so I only go if I can stay over). I hunted my uncle's property for the day which is closer to home. Finally got lucky.

Sometimes your bad luck is good luck. I had 2 doe come in at 330pm and I wanted to take one. They just wouldnt give me a shot. The stand I am in doesn't have much cover. There was one point that I had a shot on one of them but the other was staring at me so I couldn't move. They walked off. At 430 this guy showed

The view to the left of the stand I hunted is very tight so he snuck up on me. Saw him walking quickly straight across in front of me at 30 yards. There was only 1 opening left to shoot so I got up and drew. I was about to stop him and thankfully he stopped on his own and I let it fly. I saw the hit but wasn't too sure how good. Waited an hour and found him about 100 yards from the shot. Rage hypodermic had blood sprayed everywhere. Very easy blood trail.

Not a huge buck I know but it's my first with a bow and my biggest to date so I'm a very happy camper.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of season 003b7a36a4b6effa2e71be785b1dd831.jpg9371abf6beafd8e3110d792379244ef6.jpg2bb90c4baa0484bd45eece17aa9c1fd1.jpg3159642825566807471a9653d18bdc2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 30

Thats a very nice buck no matter the situation no need to explain it away. Congratulations on the buck and on the future child! Is it you first child?
Second child. I always swore I would never have a kid during hunting season. I messed up lol

7 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

Second child. I always swore I would never have a kid during hunting season. I messed up lol

No guy I know has every planned 9 months in advance when the ummm opportunity presented itself. lol 

• Like 1