Killed while walking her dogs at 5:30, that's dark

Curmudgeon

17 hours ago, knehrke said:

I'm about to take the family on a walk around Canadice Lake and this story makes me question my decision. We wear bright colors, but still...and this is what gives hunters the reputation of being a bunch of outlaws. When you have a gun in your hands, one bad decision can mean somebody's dead. We need to own this as a community and call out poor judgment. 

I do not take my kids hiking at all during gun season.  I feel like your gambling on your kids lives, there are just to many idiots with guns.  But I would not be surprised if this guy was so mad that the lady and her dogs chased deer away that he fired a shot at her..  Incredible

• Like 2

These types of occurrences are properly referred to by the DEC as shooting incidents. Pulling the trigger on a gun is not an accident, it is an intentional act. As such, the "shooter" is criminally responsible for his/her actions. I'm sure some criminal charges will be brought against him and rightfully so.

• Like 2

Waiting to see a follow up story on this Idiot . 200 yard shot with a pistol 40 minutes after legal hunting hours .  Couldn't tell the difference between a person and a deer . The shooter needs to be charged ! It gets dark fast after legal time and to think there are hunters that want to be able to shoot 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after . 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Waiting to see a follow up story on this Idiot . 200 yard shot with a pistol 40 minutes after legal hunting hours .  Couldn't tell the difference between a person and a deer . The shooter needs to be charged ! It gets dark fast after legal time and to think there are hunters that want to be able to shoot 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after . 

I agree with you 40 minutes after sunset is not good at all!This makes a person think did this happen at 5:30 or was that when the call to 911 was made?This shows poor/unethical and unresponceable Gun Handler/Hunter.

4 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I hear you Eddie.  No excuse.  

We shoot half hour before/after here in Vermont.  Only 2 injuries so far this year, and they were both in broad daylight!

• Like 2

What a shit bag you can just by the house, and that’s not a knock on low income folks. You don’t need money not to leave trash all over and around your front yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

gets dark fast after legal time and to think there are hunters that want to be able to shoot 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after . 

Not to hijack but , last time this   came up and I searched 30 some states for their deer hunting hours I could not find one that wasn't 1/2 hour prior / after . 

All the states that boarder NY, the mid West states so many wish we were , out West all 1/2 hour each way .

If it was an issue then tell me why every other state allows it ? 

Ill wait , tick tick tick ......

• Like 4

An innocent life was taken because of a reckless criminal, NOT a hunter.  NYSDEC can try to twist the truth by calling it a "shooting incident" or "hunting accident", but it was a crime.  

Sadly the more they call this criminal a "hunter" it erodes respect and support  from some non-hunters.  Law abiding, safe and ethical REAL hunters are penalized because of this criminal.

• Like 1